News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Consistency Competition #8

Started by KendaMushroom, 27 December, 2011, 13:57:36

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Thanks Nic, but I'm doing all that already. Or trying to. Maybe the 'lower catch' will help. Just need some muscle memory and practice practice practice!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Peter

Hi folks,

Day No. 4: nice one again. Very few sleeping, very dense day at the office, and then, back at home, I made a very good work out with the trick ladder. Let's call it this way: I made 6 tricks with no mistakes, caught at the first time. So far, my biggest achievement was 4 without mistakes. And to my biggest surprise (and satisfaction!): the Lighthouse turn (#14) was amongst them. Spooky feeling!

So today, I made it up until the last trick, where after 43 mistakes in the Two turn lighthouse my frustration barrier was touched once again... well, one month, you said? That will be a close race ;)

KendAlex

today i did the ladder again, and i made 5 mistakes, 1 on the 1 turn earoplane, 1 on the hanging 1 turn earoplane and 3 on the dubbel lighthouse.
getting closer everyday.

The Void

Heh, well done. I seem to be getting worse!  >:(
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KendaMushroom

Thorny

My ladder is in the works! I won't post it until this thread is done and away with, though.

Just letting everyone know!
And keep trying guys, someone else will do it!

The Void

Getting the last trick first time really helps![nb]"Uh, duh, you idiot, that's the entire point...." :)[/nb]

Peter

really, Void, that footnote gave me a laugh! Still does.... yes, that is the point!!! Sorry folks, for not having posted my last achievements, yet, you would have been disappointed... Nevertheless, I am still trying to do it.

*come on man, just do it!" hahaha - never did it within 100 so far.

Mirek! you are nearer than I am. Go for it!!!

The Void

Glad to make you laugh, Peter. I looked at what I had typed and then realised how daft it sounded!

Anyway, today I did the list with 11 misses[nb]And then 38 the next go. Oh well....[/nb]. Still getting there. I'd better start filming my runs now.....

Mirek

Quote from: Peter on 14 January, 2012, 22:32:28
really, Void, that footnote gave me a laugh! Still does.... yes, that is the point!!! Sorry folks, for not having posted my last achievements, yet, you would have been disappointed... Nevertheless, I am still trying to do it.

*come on man, just do it!" hahaha - never did it within 100 so far.

Mirek! you are nearer than I am. Go for it!!!

I totally suck in that last trick and BKO practice is prior to me, sorry. ;)

KendaMushroom

The Void

It's been more like "Stop, Void" for the past few days. Bad weather, insomnia, and being busy with dull stuff[nb]Then again, I did win the poker in the pub tonight.[/nb]. All this and a tax return to sort out soon. Anyone got any spare time they can send me?

Benjugglin

Quote from: The Void on 20 January, 2012, 01:22:13
It's been more like "Stop, Void" for the past few days. Bad weather, insomnia, and being busy with dull stuff[nb]Then again, I did win the poker in the pub tonight.[/nb]. All this and a tax return to sort out soon. Anyone got any spare time they can send me?

I do, but since I live in the middle of the US it probably won't get to you for quite a while.

I just tried this ladder. It's a beast. Excellent practice, but quite difficult. I can't seem to figure out the hanging airplane thing - that's a new one to me, it's going to take quite a bit of practice.

The Void

Quote from: Benjugglin on 20 January, 2012, 17:13:56I can't seem to figure out the hanging airplane thing - that's a new one to me, it's going to take quite a bit of practice.
I do a small back-swing (about 30˚) then let a highish launch do the work for the rotation[nb]Knees! 8)[/nb]. I can get the spin about right most of the time. Trouble is, I get the catch position wrong a lot of the time. :-/

Greg the Strangler

I'd like to give this a try but am not privy to the trick lingo. If anybody would be willing to spell out the tricks i would be grateful!
January–Kengarden Beginner Champion
May–Kengarden Intermediate Champion
December–Kengarden Advanced Champion