News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

New arrivals thread (pics) - what did you just get?

Started by The Void, 31 January, 2014, 14:28:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadapro

Crappy pic cause it's 10:45pm, but picked up the ozora street black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KenSan

That's a great looking Kendama.

Hmm, I really need an Ozora.
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

shalafi

Very good looking Ozora indeed. Is the ken stained or is it some kind of special wood?
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Canadapro

I don't think it's stained, but I could be wrong. I have a stained sweets, and it feels nothing like it, so I'm leaning towards its a different wood.

Peat

Love the matte paint on the tama of that ooz. I'm not a fan of stained kens though.

Also I'm pretty sure they are stained, probably just through a different method or something.

Let us know how it plays!

Canadapro

Yeah, it's definitely stained. I'm not the best player, and my excuse is that I'm relatively new, but from my standpoint, it's great.

kayadama

Bunch of things the past week..

Had bought this rokurosen shin fuji, picture displayed approved seal recommended turnt up. Yumu tama seems nice.

Bunch of things from kendama.cz. Trojka kendama and shredora tama, got some free strings for finding a bug on the websites new layout. Score!

Went to string this shredora tama onto my krom ken and found all my ozora strings were quite short on there as these are slightly bigger than ozora. That or i have yet to really jam it an mush the sarado down. Could hardly fit 2 fingers under basecup and i prefer 3 loose. Lucky enough these kenlab strings are huge! Happy to set this one up as i found my krom red oak tama a bit on the heavy side. After a friend pointed out the shredora tama was oak aswell it was instantly bought. Mirek was ace and weight matched the tama for me. After jamming with this i found the kenlab strings dont twist up like ozora do? Time to look if they do them in block colour or not

shalafi

I got this one yesterday. Now I really don't need any more kendamas for a long time :-)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

mufujifi

Got this in the mail recently.

Ozora Sakura and Dragon Kendama Mahogany.

Was planning to just display them tbh, but I've got a bunch of people interested in buying them off me so why not.
Using the funds to get me either a Kaizen or Tribute that I'd actually play with.

Logan

The Dragon Kendama Mahogany looks very cool.

Peat

Keep that sakura! Beaut of a kendama.

Definitely sell that dragon though, friend of mine owns the exact same one and it's terrible, slippy paint, super short spike and all around weird feeling.

I've played some dragons that are good though, would just steer clear of those all over painted ones.

theobau

you sure you're talking about the same kendama?^
the one he got is made out of mahogany -those aren't painted are they?

Peat

@theobau Positive dude, mahogany is the name of the colour they use, these are made out of plywood!

www.kendama-world.com/dragon-kendama-stained-dark.html

mufujifi

Correct. It's "mahogany", i.e. is not real and painted. I bought those 2 for personal display purposes, not for playing.
The Dragon Kendama just looked really nice and when I tried it, sure it has nice clacking sounds but damn yeh it's slippery.

I have a sale on the Sakura though.
This kid was being super eager to get his hands on it (cos he can't buy things online, being a kid and all) and I struck a deal with him.
He's happy to play, I'm happy it's being played = win-win.

It's cool though, I got me a Colin Sander off a local dealer and waiting on a Striped Zen from Kendama Co.
But bad thing is that I no longer have an Ozora.
I'm thinking of either a Premium White or a classic yellow, though I'm not sure where I'm gonna find the yellow. Thoughts?

theobau