News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Quote from: mreasyguy on 14 February, 2016, 15:28:29
Today I finally got this damn trick that I have been trying on and off for two years haha!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBxXshYKeEr
That was very impressive. Congrats on landing it!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Not much for me today. An IKO run and a quick play with some juggles until my hands decided they'd rather hold a warm mug.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Today was sunny, so I went out and shot a video. Chilly though, brrrr.
Juggling club tonight...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

... had my first session of the year at Flying Colors with the Kendama Berlin crew, spent way too long on a race trying to land Lunar (flip) > Stilt, got close but very unforgiving with the Keyaki. Gave up and tried some Sweets Specials (Maelstrom Swing-In), landed my first few clean ones, before Till one-upped everyone one landed one out of a single complete Whirlpool rotation! And I was feeling good with my crouched five to seven Whirlpools! Things are getting tough here!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

Cliffdama

Quote from: the milky oolong on 16 February, 2016, 18:01:56
... had my first session of the year at Flying Colors with the Kendama Berlin crew, spent way too long on a race trying to land Lunar (flip) > Stilt, got close but very unforgiving with the Keyaki. Gave up and tried some Sweets Specials (Maelstrom Swing-In), landed my first few clean ones, before Till one-upped everyone one landed one out of a single complete Whirlpool rotation! And I was feeling good with my crouched five to seven Whirlpools! Things are getting tough here!

Sounds like a cool jam you had over there! I still fully understand that sweets special ^^

Today i did this, got it in 50 seconds. Thinking this combo out took me way longer! Sw reverse ufo finnish!

The Void

Wow, that was neat, Cliff!

Today I had no time to kendama, alas. Busy with code stuff instead.

shalafi

Today I finally passed 2nd Dan again, one week of failing on Earth Turns.

https://twitter.com/sla_shalafi/status/699958894194487297

Also recorded  some clips for outlink.

The Void

Well done!
Ooh, clip*s* plural. So that takes you up to #...5?

the milky oolong

Well, last night we...

Theo slamming home the Swing Triple Gunsliger Ins, Peter doing endless Clifftop/Bird/Slip Grip lines, all Earth Turns from point to point, with grip changes, and to finish a lovely Hanging Inward 2-Turn Lighthouse race - claimed of course by the Dane. Great to see Zack Winters again after so long. Just shows it's always worth the effort to make a short notice 'hosting' happen.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Hooray for that, Milky, sounds like a great sesh.
Today my IKO run was rubbish. Couldn't hit a barn door. Hey ho...

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 17 February, 2016, 23:31:52
Well done!
Ooh, clip*s* plural. So that takes you up to #...5?
Up to 6, but one is not a clean shot, I want to retake it.

The Void

kendamatty

Incredibly close @The Void , I'm sure you'll have it next time!!!

EDIT - My pc dug up an old "today I" page from April 2015 involving a screenshot from a 6th Dan attempt by the Void (so the above "close" is rather late!)... speaking of which, how's the Danning?

Today I watched a couple of videos for motivation, and then got working on tap lighthouses for the first time. I was trying taps straight out of aeroplane, and managed a double once... But now I have a significant chunk missing from my basecup. A word of warning to curious tappers... do it with old kendamas you don't mind wrecking!

The Void

Ha ha, I thought you were teasing me about that missed Jumping Stick! :)
Danning has been very much on the backburner due to weather, and lack of space/light indoors. Hope to be back on it soon. As to when I'll next be in Japan.... that's another matter.  :|

Today I had an IKO run that was reasonable.

shalafi

I wonder what Void considered to be a reasonable run. Probably implies much more accuracy of what I consider reasonable ;)