News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Records! You can do it how many times!?!?!?!

Started by Dave, 03 November, 2011, 21:47:46

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Some more from me.Consistency records - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tvDrills
Dead Bodies
Fast Hand Spikes
Bankings
Monkey's Chairs
Dead Drops
Birds

Bit over-exposed. Fair enough if some get rejected for clarity....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BenPycroft24

Finally uploaded to juggling.tv
Here's my record attempt at orbit's. 47 completed by my count.
Sorry about poor quality and going out of shot few times on some catches.

Kendama consistency. Orbit 47 completed. - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

BKA

Going to have to watch that on slomo to verify... Later today.

BenPycroft24

That's fine. I thought it may have been a bit fast. I understand it may be shorter than 47 as some catches are out of view.

BKA

Ben, you have the record... but it is only 16.
#9 dipped out of frame, as did #26, so #s10-25 set the record. As for the later ones, there were some that dipped out of frame, and also a couple where the ken could not be seen to entirely circle the ball. This trick is particularly angle-sensitive, so you need to make sure you are standing with your shoulders completely square-on to the camera.
The sideways video didn't help to judge, either!

Well done, but we're sure you can beat your own record again very soon with a bit of care....

BenPycroft24

I thought that would've been the case. I'll take more care next time that I try the record again :)

Kev

Sorry it's taken a little time to get round to this [user]The Void[/user].

I've looked at your consistency video on behalf of the [user]BKA[/user] and can now confirm the following records:

[user]The Void[/user] currently holds the records for:

Drills  - 4
Dead Bodies - 5 (not 6 as last one failed on the 3 second rule)
Fast Hand Spikes - 2
Bankings - 2
Monkey's Chairs - 3
Dead Drops - 4
Birds - 7

Well done sir!

Anyone else fancy a shot?

Void's original video here:

Consistency records - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

BKA

[user]The Void[/user], your records have been viewed by a moderator, and their decision is.....

That's 5 stilts and 3 wingwalkers approved.

Note: Moderators may participate in record attempts, but if so, their attempts will be judged by a different moderator. Any attempts at breaking a record currently held by a moderator will be judged by a different moderator.

BenPycroft24

I might go for consecutive turntables. As in 1 turntable, pause, turntable, pause etc. Or would o have to reset and pull up again?

The Void

Those are two different records.
With resets, it's "Turntables". Without, it's "Connected Turntables". Without checking, I think Dimensions currently holds the record for the latter. (Check the link in the first post in this thread.)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BenPycroft24

Connected is turntable, pause,  turntable right? I'll have a look at the thread now   

BenPycroft24

BKA

Rob's record is not for Connected Turntables, as he has several string/grip adjustments in that video. It would have been Connected without the adjustments. We're not requiring the Big cup catch for this one.

So, there is no Connected Turntables record currently.

BenPycroft24

I'll try for both anyway. Connected and consecutive.

The Void

Right, here's a very short run of Connected Juggle Big Cups. I'm sure someone can beat this pretty quickly. Remember the "without readjusting" rule though!
Kendama- Juggle to Big Cup - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv