News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

jakub.zahumensky

John

Aw man, that's just perfect - great job @kendamatty - you make it look so easy!
How would you like it to proceed? :)

kendamatty

Thanks!

Okay, next up:

Wingwalker > barrel roll the ken (minimum 270 degrees, but you can go wild here if you want) > big cup catch

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

Quote from: kendamatty on 24 October, 2017, 16:49:39
Thanks!

Okay, next up:

Wingwalker > barrel roll the ken (minimum 270 degrees, but you can go wild here if you want) > big cup catch

You guys keep going with really hard tricks... [edit] re-read it. It is barrel roll to big cup, not barrel roll to wingwalker... it is way easier.

kendamatty

Quote from: shalafi on 24 October, 2017, 16:51:17
Quote from: kendamatty on 24 October, 2017, 16:49:39
Thanks!

Okay, next up:

You guys keep going with really hard tricks... [edit] re-read it. It is barrel roll to big cup, not barrel roll to wingwalker... it is way easier.
I was thinking of being mean with it back to wing @shalafi, but I reckon that funky looking tricks will push people to keep participating more than ridiculous ones!

BKA

Next...

172. [from Wingwalker] > Barrel Roll/Tornado Big Cup
- Throw the tama, and ken with spin along the long axis
- Catch the ken after minimum of 270ยบ rotation
- Catch the tama in Big Cup

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Anyone can enter. Just join this forum!
Trick Rules
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama. (16cm ken, 60mm ball)
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- Your trick set may end on an active ballance (i.e Candle Balance) but you can use an active ballance in a transition of a trick/set
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.

There is a prize of a Trojka 3 kendama for one random participant between tricks 151-175.
Currently in the draw: KenSan Jnr, The Void, the milky oolong, KenSan, s070s, Dimensions, Jakub, Ben Pycroft, fiddletriks, shalafi, John, Cliffdama, Matt Goody, kendamatty.

Matt Goody, shalafi, jakub.zahumensky , John and kendamatty must sit out this round.
After 5 rounds sat out, @The Void and @Cliffdama are now allowed back in.

The Void

Okay, cats, you've had 3 days. I'm well enough to touch a kendama again, and if you don't want to play, I do.

http://juggling.tv/16689 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download
@kendamatty Okay? (Oh, and psssst, you mislabelled your last vid as #71 on JTV, not #171. )
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

kendamatty

@The Void despite the questionable framing, the barrel roll was in shot, so..... I say lovely stuff, and accepted! What's next?

The Void

@kendamatty he he, sorry that's the only sunny corner of my garden right now, and the only angle I could shoot from.

Right, next up...

173. [ken grip Big Cup] > Naughty Bird (2 seconds still).

Just 3 more to go before the next compilation & prize draw. Join in folks!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

Next...

173. [ken grip Big Cup] > Naughty Bird (2 seconds still)
- Throw the tama, and catch in Naughty Bird position (Tama in No-Hole Bird position, but with the tip of the spike inside/touching the bevel of the tama.)
- Hold still for at least two seconds.

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Anyone can enter. Just join this forum!
Trick Rules
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama. (16cm ken, 60mm ball)
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- Your trick set may end on an active ballance (i.e Candle Balance) but you can use an active ballance in a transition of a trick/set
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.

There is a prize of a Trojka 3 kendama for one random participant between tricks 151-175.
Currently in the draw: KenSan Jnr, The Void, the milky oolong, KenSan, s070s, Dimensions, Jakub, Ben Pycroft, fiddletriks, shalafi, John, Cliffdama, Matt Goody, kendamatty.

shalafi, jakub.zahumensky , John, kendamatty & The Void must sit out this round.
After 5 rounds sat out, @Matt Goody is now allowed back in.

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

Quote from: BKA on 27 October, 2017, 13:53:12
@Dimensions Have you still got the original landscape clip to give to the editor (errr.... that's you!)?

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 30 October, 2017, 09:21:08
Quote from: BKA on 27 October, 2017, 13:53:12
@Dimensions Have you still got the original landscape clip to give to the editor (errr.... that's you!)?
Not following his own rules, that's... unexpected

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6