News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

So, how do you gamble with a kendama?!

Started by The Void, 10 December, 2013, 21:57:04

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Rich

Wow. O_o

I suppose you could bet on winners in ken games or who can hit such and such trick? But why would children want to do that?!

Maybe they figured out an actual betting system and set up some underground leagues... It gets the word out, but not in a good way. :p

kdang

Im from hawai'i and what sometimes we do is "pink slip". Pink slip is to challenge someone in dama (do tricks and if other person is unable to do it, they get a letter) and whoever wins gets to keep opponents dama.  Theres not only pink, there are many other types. (The others I know are green slip *money*, orange slip *cut string of opponent*, black slip *loser has to give winner anything besides dama or money*.)

HansNickmans

Wow, that sound like some high stakes ken games! A bit over the top for me, wouldn't really gamble my damas, since I use my favourites in ken games :-)
Kendama Belgium!

BKA

Whoa! Easy there, dudes. It's a slippery slope. I guess it's a bigger adrenalin rush like that... but do you really want to lose your KD? Take it easy, have fun.

Kev

Would be interesting to know the rules, I'm guessing a head to head battle or a KEN style game perhaps?

Isn't there also some talk of kendama possibly emerging as a drinking game in France?

RodDama

ohh.. theres already kendama drinking games.... haha