News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

[App] KendamApp - iOS & Android

Started by BKA, 30 January, 2012, 11:56:30

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

UPDATE: iOS version now available too!

OUT NOW! KendamApp for Android. Coded by the forum's own shalafi.
Full version: https://market.android.com/details?id=net.shalafi.kendroid NOW FREE!
Lite version: https://market.android.com/details?id=net.shalafi.kendroidfree

NOW KendamApp for iOS too! Coded by the forum's own BatDancer
Full version NOW FREE:
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/kendamapp/id505850169

QuoteThe ultimate app for kendama lovers.

-A trick reference library of 100 video tricks, with names in English and Japanese. From the basic Big Cup, to Aeroplane, Orbit, all the way up to "Reverse", "Hanging", and "Fast Hand" tricks, and much more. Keep a count of how many times you have done each one. Slo-mo playback[nb]Currently iOS only[/nb].

-Official skill level charts, so you can keep track of your progress. Self-certify yourself through the Kyu, Pre-Dan and Dan rankings.

-Trick ladders. Preset and user-defined ladders. Challenge yourself to an easy, medium or hard series of tricks. Keep a record of your success.

-Moshi Kame Metronome. Train your moshi kame to a beat. Increase your speed as you get better. Auto-detect mode[nb]Currently Android only[/nb] will calculate how fast you are going!

Produced by the British Kendama Association.

Mirek

Finally some comfort way to count my moshi kames.

Mirek

Check it out. Right below the Alcohol Calc  8)

shalafi

Did you got a Galaxy Nexus or is it a custom ROM of ICS? Is a great phone, I love it :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Mirek

Nope, it is my old Nexus S with official ICS OTA update. Galaxy Nexus is too big for me. I miss Instagram and iPhone camera on Andoid phones so I maybe switch to iOS.  ;)

SamB

Worked great On my HTC Desire S. Its smooth, fast and the videos downloaded pretty quickly. Good work!
Will there be updates with more ladders e.g. the EKO/BKO 2012 ladders, or the more exotic JKA/kengarden/Consistency comp ladders?
Or even more tricks???

P.S. Thanks for doing android first. ;)
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

shalafi

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Many people say that if you make your app to be on the home screen of a phone, you are doing it right. There is not much space for quick icons there :)

The idea it to check if it gets enough user base, then we had plans to include more features, probably no more tricks, but improving self-certification, kettle trick, play ladders, etc

For the moment we are working on the iOS version, which is almost completed, and a free version with less features and videos.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

UPDATE Lite version now available for FREE - see first post ^.

GODstrument

I bought the app for my Acer Iconia Tab A500 tablet.  It is awesome!!!  The videos of the tricks helps my students to see the tricks in action.  I highly recommend it.

Thorny

It's times like this I hate my phone... it's a Nokia and therefore, only has access to the Nokia Ovi Store and not the android market :(

BKA

Quote from: GODstrument on 03 February, 2012, 06:18:40
I bought the app for my Acer Iconia Tab A500 tablet.  It is awesome!!!  The videos of the tricks helps my students to see the tricks in action.  I highly recommend it.

Glad to hear it! A Rating and/or review on the Android Marketplace would be appreciated. :)

BKA

v1.0.2 now released (Both Lite and Full).

• Phone does not sleep while in Moshi Kame counter
  • Japanese translation completed
  • UI fixes for small screens
  • (Lite): Other minor fixes

GODstrument

Quote from: BKA on 03 February, 2012, 13:03:10
Quote from: GODstrument on 03 February, 2012, 06:18:40

Glad to hear it! A Rating and/or review on the Android Marketplace would be appreciated. :)

Done!!! Keep up the good work and updates!!!

Adam K

Sounds good so far! Can't wait for the iOS version!

BKA

Thanks Eric.

(Do we gather from your icon that you've managed to complete your collection of all 6 JKA-sealed kendamas?)