News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

[App] KendamApp - iOS & Android

Started by BKA, 30 January, 2012, 11:56:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimensions

It would also be nice for the IOS to be updated as well
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

BKA

Quote from: BKA on 21 July, 2013, 14:25:36We would really love to see an iOS update too! It's all in [user]BatDancer[/user]'s hands. Feel free to message him.

shalafi

The Android app is almost at 10K installs for the free one and 500 for the paid one. Not that bad :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

Wow, 10000?! That's cool. (Even if it is the free one. :) )

nashfire

Hi there from the States! I'm new to the Kendama world and am diggin' it.  I have a Kindle Fire and thanks to Amazon cannot access the googleplay store. Is there anyway I could purchase the full version of KendamApp for my Kindle from somewhere direct? I just need the .apk file.  Thanks for any help! This looks like a great app.
Nashfire
"Use your mind or someone will use it for you"

shalafi

Hi,

That is going to be complicated, not only because Amazon treats developers terribly (I used to have an account there, and I closed it just to stop dealing with them) but also because the app uses a feature that is only available on google play, which is the "extension package" (that is, the file that contains all the videos) which requires that the person needs to obtain the app via google play (even for the free one)

Sorry I can't help you better.

nashfire

Hey thanks for the info!
I found the free app through 1mobile market but to buy the full version it sends me to googleplay again... ::) That's what I get for a cheap tablet. Oh well, not like there r no other resources out there. Thanks again for the info!  I will be able to get it eventually.  Have a great day!
Cheers,
Chris
"Use your mind or someone will use it for you"

LarsVegas

Raul, can you please help me? I've got the full app on my android phone. And recently I've got some issues with the skill lists. I think the colour code is as follows:
- red: never had the required number of successful tries
- orange: already had the required number of successful tries, but not in the last attempt
- green: had the required number of successful tries in the last attempt
If that's right, the colours somehow don't match. I'm currently practicing for 1st Dan and I need
- 4 Around the worlds - had 4 today, but it shows orange
- 3 Earth turns - did that already twice in the past, but it shows red
- 1 Around the cosmos - had 1 today, but it shows orange
Is there a bug, or am I misinterpreting the colours?

Thanks for any feedback.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

BKA

Red is "Not successful in any of my last 5[nb]5? Ish![/nb] attempts."
Orange is "At least once in my last 5 attempts."
Green is "Successful in my 3 latest attempts."

shalafi

Yep, BKA is right.

Actually, you made a good point in the lack of information about the color code inside the app :-)

The idea is that green means you are consistent, orange means they you can do it, but not consistently.

LarsVegas

Great and thanks for the reply. So the colours tell me, that I still have some way to go for 1st Dan. But of course I knew that :)

I like the App! Even if I know my practising state, it's nice to get some visual representation.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

shalafi

We just passed the 500 downloads for the full version! Lite version is on 11,000 downloads already :)

shalafi

Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to announce a new version of the app (Android only) which includes Self Certification and also 32 new videos!

More info here: http://www.plattysoft.com/2014/11/14/kendamapp-2-0/

The Void

QuoteNOW KendamApp for iOS too! Coded by the forum's own BatDancer
Full version NOW FREE:
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/kendamapp/id505850169
Since there are unlikely to be any updates for the iOS version...
...it is now FREE.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA