News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

[App] KendamApp - iOS & Android

Started by BKA, 30 January, 2012, 11:56:30

Previous topic - Next topic

br4d24

Maybe i should hunt down a new dev for the ios version?

shalafi

About the visual hint for the tricks you've already done, it is one of the features I have in mind for the next release, which includes the latest BKO / EKO vids
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

SamB

I am eagerly looking forwards to this update. Thanks!!!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

Kev

Hello :) Is this the right place to report errors with the app? When using yesterday on iOS it crashed if I tried to mark a trick as landed. The only option was to uninstall and reinstall (has been fine since but history lost - no big deal but would be if it had years worth of records in there).

Not complaining or moaning just passing on the info in case it's useful in future.

It's such a great app, highly recommended - great to have resource in your pocket at all times.

:)

BKA

Thanks for the report. We'll PM you...

Kev

Got your message, will send over next time I sync. To be fair it's entirely possible it's not an issue with the app, seems rock solid again now so could have been my phone being weird.

Will still send when I get a chance :)

shalafi

Android version is updated to 1.2, which includes:

* 20 new videos
* EKO / BKO lists for 2013
* Trick lists have icons for ladder, knockout and timed
* Tricks show if you have done them or not
* Easier trick track recording
* Fixed problems with detection and rotation

LarsVegas

Raul, thanks for updating the app. I use it regularly in my training. I only hope that the iPad app would also be updated one day.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

br4d24

Quote from: shalafi on 29 March, 2013, 14:53:28
Android version is updated to 1.2, which includes:

* 20 new videos
* EKO / BKO lists for 2013
* Trick lists have icons for ladder, knockout and timed
* Tricks show if you have done them or not
* Easier trick track recording
* Fixed problems with detection and rotation

Gah you guys really have to do something for iphone! I paid for the app and it never gets updated :( Its crappy seeing all the new stuff im missing out on. Could you at least send me the full android version so i can use it on bluestacks (android emulator for mac)

NiggetyNixaan

Yeah i paid for the ios iphone app and i can use an update aswell as a moshi kame counter. I need it!

BKA

We would really love to see an iOS update too! It's all in [user]BatDancer[/user]'s hands. Feel free to message him.

NiggetyNixaan

Wouldnt it be cool if u can as your own tricks with ur own videos!

shalafi

adding your own tricks has been in the plans for a long time, but it is not a trivial thing to do

HansNickmans

Finally got a smartphone this weekend (I caved to the pressures of modern times) and the first app I got was the kendama app of course. Today I upgraded to the full version and it's just great, so good to have a source of inspiration in your pocket. Planning on going through it entirely, trying to 10/10 all the tricks. It's gonna take me a while, but that's the challenge.

Two questions,
- Do I need to change any settings on my phone to make the moshikame-detect function work? (If this is a noob question, I admit, I am a smartphone noob)
- If there is time, could you upload the BKO 2014 list? I'm starting my practice, it would be good to have that in my pocket.

Great stuff!!
Kendama Belgium!

shalafi

The moshi-kame detector uses the microphone, so in principle it should just work. Note that it has a "sensibility" setting (the bar) which you can adjust, maybe you have it too low.

We have to think about adding the lists for 2014 indeed. Usually I like the new lists to have all tricks listed, so it also implies that we have to update the current tricks.

Glad you liked it :)