News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

FilthyTown

STB in 48 sec...that is very impressive Void!  I just found out that I have been doing around japanx2 and around the worldx2 wrong.  Went back and did STB the right way and finished at 1:43.

Finally landed an inward lunar also, such a good feeling trick.
Also learned 1-turn stilt,  I was going through a 1-turn/2-turn phase for a week or two.  ;D

The Void

Quote from: The Void on 15 February, 2012, 14:49:38
Quote from: The Void on 14 February, 2012, 18:44:07Today I did BKO 2012 advanced with 8 misses. Still practising.....
4 today. But then 21 next attempt. Inconsistency trauma!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

robin_bird

Last night at juggling / kendama club, I landed bird for the first time, including finishing the trick with a spike.  Even better, some of my friends actually saw it.  I've never been able to finish the trick with a spike. 

Maybe this means, I'll actually get gunslinger one of these days, especially if I devote more time to practicing!

FilthyTown

Been awhile since I've had time to dama...
Yesterday night I managed Swing in -little bird- reverse earthspin-big bird- earthspin-spike.

Alex Ruisch inspired that one in the Sunrise edit.

LarsVegas

... managed an aeroplane and two jumping sticks in a row. I'm currently heavily practicing aeroplanes and everytime I catch, I'll try a jumping stick. Not very successfully so far. Might have the influence of been Nic's "Single trick II" that I watched today.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

I managed Super Flamingo Spacewalk last night. It had always seemed really frantic, and unlikely to be achievable. Then I engaged my brain... "What if I make the first throw with a slower rotation?". Well, whaddya know, it makes all the difference! (It's still hard, though!)

Also, Hanging Triangle Candle, and courtesy of Orin, a penguin catch Aeroplane, and a Hand Throw Aeroplane.

Thorny

Quote from: The Void on 01 May, 2012, 12:40:12
I managed Super Flamingo Spacewalk last night. It had always seemed really frantic, and unlikely to be achievable. Then I engaged my brain... "What if I make the first throw with a slower rotation?". Well, whaddya know, it makes all the difference! (It's still hard, though!)

Also, Hanging Triangle Candle, and courtesy of Orin, a penguin catch Aeroplane, and a Hand Throw Aeroplane.

I have a rough idea what a couple of these are... but I'm rather unaware of these names haha! I can't remember what Super Flamigo is, I think Tornado Sycthe Weasel has pushed out other names from my memory. As that (and 'Scythe Weasel') are the only spacewalk combo names I can remember.

The Void

See WKC 4th+ Dan video for SFS, see Knees for others.

Thorny

In the time since past, I have landed SF Spacewalk (tiring...) and on Thursday I landed Merry Go Round! :D
Astounded, is not the word.

EDIT: Decided to slam this link in here... Merry Go Round:

The Void

Nice work, Thorny. I remember just trying to get the spin right on that one, and getting nowhere! Flukey catch? (Not to sound mean, but it's got to be hard to time that right!)

The Void

12m20s of Moshi. At about 155bpm, that's 1900+. A record for me. Then I finished off 4th Dan for good measure. :-) I also got a rare (for me) 100-catch run of 5 clubs. Last night was a good practice night!

The Void

Cheers dude, I normally aim for 10 minutes, but I forgot to set my timer that night. :-)