News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Hmmm... interesting.
In this one, you use a slightly different technique to the one you used in your first vid: Namely not letting go until the ken was above the ball.
If I was feeling really mean, I could refuse this one too, because
a) my description said "Throw the ken and ball up...", and that's technically speaking a "release" rather than a "throw"
b) the ken was at a bit of an angle to your body on the catch.

However, I'm not feeling mean, and all that would just be splitting hairs anyway. Besides which, you've now twice clearly demonstrated you can do the move (each way). And the latter one could still be interpreted to conform to "Fast Hand Half Tornado Opposite Lunar" (albeit with the half tornado happening in the hand). So, well done.. that's good!

What's next?
#30 Opposite Lunar > ????
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Hmm... wait, I just noticed that you lifted up to the outside of your body, and not to the inside, as my illustration showed.

Oh well, tell you what... you've still passed, and the Combo continues with your new trick. But try and film it again from the other side as well, please? (Then we can show 2 versions of the trick in the compilation)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

Ok my next combo sounds hard but really it is quite easy
Opposite lunar > somersault to captain hook
Good luck
Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

BKA

[user]KendAlex[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user], [user]jafish41[/user], [user]The Void[/user] and [user]Dimensions[/user] must sit out this round.

Quote from: Dimensions on 22 July, 2013, 15:17:26Opposite lunar > somersault to captain hook
In case anyone doesn't know what Captain Hook is, it's the finger-stall trick Donald goes to after Aeroplane at 0:36 here:
Donald Grant - TeamKD - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Dimensions

I think that people are drifting off this topic, lets try and get it going again
Yes I do know that it's the EJC soon so a lot of you will be going there but even more chance to have a go at the combos!

Yoda

KENDAMA.COM.PL- POLISH KENDAMA COMMUNITY

Dimensions

[user]Yoda[/user] you didn't need to do the spike at the end and it would have been better if you were closer to the camera, but...
I think that you understood the challenge and completed it correctly so it is perfect for me
What will be next Captain Hook >?

Well done
Rob

P.S [user]Yoda [/user][user]Dimensions [/user][user]The Void [/user][user]Jafish41 [/user]& [user]Mreasyguy [/user] must sit out the next round

Yoda

So next step is capitan hook  > 2 turn lighthouse

Dimensions

I don't know who did it, or what the next steps will be, but I found this on JTV
[noembed]Endless Combo #31 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv[/noembed]

BKA

That's Yan, Russian Champion and Best Trick Champion. And it's for him to post, not you. ;)
#30 is still live until someone posts it themselves.

Yan Kud

So here is the video of that Captain Hook double flip lighthouse
Endless Combo #31 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Next trick - Juggle to Base Cup (ken turns 540˚)!!!
Good luck!
Kendama player from Russia. Player of KendamaUDM Team         ( Ayrat Basharov and me are the only members)

EKO 2013 - Best Trick Battle Champion and Russian Kendama Champion

shalafi

interesting continuation... will give it a try

Also, well done! and welcome to the forum
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Well done Yan! Of course, we have to wait for Yoda to "officially verify" the trick he set, but you lot should all start working on that
32. Lighthouse>Juggle to Base Cup (ken turns 540˚)

BKA

Assuming Yoda verifies, then
[user]jafish41[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Yoda[/user] and [user]Yan Kud[/user] must sit out this round.

Yoda