News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

I also had a run-through of the WKO tricks. That base cup scoop (without the pirouette) is a killer. Managed all the rest, after a few goes.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

azleonhart

Managed to complete Speed Trick B (with some errors) in 44 seconds!
What a relief. Need to work on minimising errors.

What the trick?

BKA

Quote from: azleonhart on 29 August, 2015, 10:43:02

Well done. You can save some time on transitions, I think.
But... isn't that a Musou? Not allowed in official STB exams. Go JKA for your practices.

the milky oolong

Quote from: azleonhart on 29 August, 2015, 10:43:02
#

Really nice run, seemed very relaxed, I'm sure you can shave some seconds off with a little more practise. Good work!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Got a couple of passes in this weekend. I'm off to the local shop to reward myself with chocolate. :-)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

donald grant

Was noodling the other day, and landed lunar - axe - lunar - in.  Don't even recall why I tried it; most of what I was doing was my usual noodly stuff.  But 'twas very satisfying to land something subtle out of the blue (for a change :) )

The Void

Nice one, Donald. I still don't think I've managed an Axe to Lunar - I'm probably not getting the throw/lift right. (Not that I've tried lately.)
No chocolate rewards for me today: so close to turning KendamApp all green, but fell at the last hurdle. Ah well.

the milky oolong

Donald, that's a serious trick indeed, serious kudos for haing the cojones to go for the second Lunar too. I managed (for me) a pretty serious axe line a few months ago which is going be in the new Kendama Berlin edit, but once the transition to Axe was there, I was so exhausted I had to just spike the thing!

Sounds like you're really cranking up the training game, Void, I wish you all the best. By the way, well done on the WKO tricks, I suppose you landed the Turning Painted Scroll thing? I'm always looking for 'authentic Japanese' tricks to bring to games of KEN (stuff that you only really see the Japanese doing, I suppose I mean), but not had a chance to start serious work on cracking it.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Yeah, milky. That was one of the compulsory tricks in 2012, so I worked on it quite a bit back then. Not done it for a while, but after dusting it off, it was just about still in the armoury.
Had a little practice blast at STB tonight. Got my best run on-camera. Will upload tomorrow.

The Void

Today I got 8/10 2-Turn Lighthouses. I've only done that once before, so that was very pleasing. Shame I only got 7/10 JS though, so failed 6th Dan practice. Eggy bread time, then a bit of WKO & C&F practice.

The Void

KenSan

Today I landed this twice in a row then spent 15mins trying to get it on video [emoji28]
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

KenSan

By the way what's it called? Stunt plane 360 stunt plane?
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

shalafi

Today I played with a tree trunk to do some string tricks and got a few interesting variations, but I didn't get any of those on camera...
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

Quote from: KenSan on 04 September, 2015, 20:39:54
By the way what's it called? Stunt plane 360 stunt plane?
Scoop Spike > Backhand Jumping Stick