News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

kendamatty

Job's a goodun Void, nice knee work to get it done! Over to you.

The Void

Thanks, Matt. Yes, I once heard someone say something about using the knees. I thought I'd give it a go. ;)

Right then, next up....

114. Candle > Tornado Candle
i. Throw everything straight upwards, giving the ken a tornado spin (along its longest axis)
ii. Catch back in Candle. (Proper Candle grip, please!)

The spin should be a minimum of 540˚.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

Next trick is:
114. [from Candle] > Tornado Candle
- Start from Candle
- Release the ken straight upwards and let it spin
- Let it spin for a minimum of 540°
- Catch the spike again in a proper candle position
- Catch the ball on the base cup
- http://instagram.com/p/yxBy3YCHlx

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
[user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Sonicpearse[/user], [user]shalafi[/user],[user]kendamatty[/user] & [user]The Void[/user] must sit out of this round.
Good luck everyone!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

IG demo of the Tornado spin: http://instagram.com/p/yxBy3YCHlx
(Obviously, don't use yr spare hand....)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

The list of people that had to step out is wrong. I know I should be on it ;-)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

Quote from: shalafi on 06 February, 2015, 19:25:09The list of people that had to step out is wrong. I know I should be on it ;-)
Modified. You are now.

the milky oolong

I'll give this a go tonight at the juggling shop. Just got it down here at home within a few tries. Anyone wanna race me?
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Paul_S

Allrighty, I wanna see:
1. Place ring finger under spike tip while in candlestick
2. Open up your thumb, first and middle finger for a 3 second balance on your ring finger.
3.throw it all up, grab the ken in Sara grip and downspike it!

Enjoy :D

BenPycroft24

Sounds interesting. Should be possible. It's a good thing I've been practicing candle grip to downspike.
I'll give it A go if I find time :)

shalafi

Not sure if this is valid. It looks like 2 tricks to me. And also, candle to fast hand stab was made as trick #12, there's also been a [Weak Hand] Candle balance.

Well, up to Dimensions, I guess.

BKA

The balance is an active balance, not a static position, so that should be okay? And the Stab is from the balance, not from Candle, so that's different too. Dimensions is in charge, & can overrule if he thinks.... otherwise, proceed.

shalafi

Reading it again carefully, I think it's right, it is a single trick. Somehow I made another step in between in my head.

I think we can proceed indeed.

Dimensions

Ok, so the rules at the moment are 'end in a static position' so I'll accept this trick.
I think I may need to change the rules in the first post...

Next trick is:
115. [from Candle] > Balance 'n' Stab
- Start from Candle
- Remove remaining fingers and balance on your third (ring) finger
- Keep the active balance for at least 3 seconds
- Throw everything up
- Grab the Ken
- Stab the ball (90° margin of error)

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
- Your trick set may end on an active balance (i.e Candle Balance) but you can use an active balance in a transition of a trick/set
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
[user]Sonicpearse[/user], [user]shalafi[/user],[user]kendamatty[/user], [user]The Void[/user] & [user]Paul_S[/user] must sit out of this round.
Good luck everyone!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6