News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

LarsVegas

Quote from: The Void on 28 January, 2016, 10:31:10
Quote from: LarsVegas on 27 January, 2016, 22:34:27And how do you interrupt? Push the ken? Or the cup?
Interrupt with a Captain Hook. I know you know what that is, so I don't understand what you don't understand...?

Aww, sorry. Should have read my own posts :)
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

the milky oolong

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

KenSan

That's really nicely done @the milky oolong and what I thought you meant. I've tried it a few times and got nowhere near :( but its definitely on my to do list!
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

Dimensions

There is a prize of a Royal Kendama for one random participant between tricks 126-150.
Currently in the draw: The Void, KenSan, Peat, mreasyguy, BenPycroft24, shalafi, nemo, SamB, s070s, Dimensions, the milky oolong

Next trick is:
142. [from Aeroplane] > Somersault to Interrupt Captain Hook to Reverse 1-turn Lighthouse
- Throw The ken 360°
-Catch as a captain hook
-Instantly let the ken turn 360° reverse
-Catch on lighthouse
-Hold still for 3 seconds

! No longer available

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.

s070s, shalafi, The Void, Dimensons & the milky oolong must sit out of this round.
Good luck everyone!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Cliffdama

Wow how does this even work. Ken somebody help me out with this? I want to give it a try :)

The Void

You saw the demo video, right?
This isn't a trick that flows for me, so I can't help. I managed it once, but uglily.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Cliffdama

Haha didn't saw the video, now i did and it's hard to trow it back the other way around. Practicing this atm :) the catch isn't that hard actually

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

the milky oolong

Kendama Berlin

kendamatty

@Dimensions 

BKA endless combo 142 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

How's this? It was incredibly challenging, and I agree with earlier comments that it feels rather unnatural to reverse the flow, but here was my attempt!

Thanks for the nudge @the milky oolong , I completely forgot how good the endless combo was for learning new tricks (albeit not as clean as yours!)

the milky oolong

That's good, @kendamatty, nice finish too! Glad it gave you a bit of a challenge, I mean, that's the name of the game, right?
Kendama Berlin

kendamatty

Cheers Milky!

Okay...

for EC #143
lighthouse > fast hand back hand stall (still for 3 seconds).

(Back hand stall = stall the ball on the back of your hand i.e between knuckles and wrist, all whilst holding the ken with the same hand).

The Void

So... Throw tama & ken, catch ken, catch ball on back of hand (and balance it) ?
(Assuming you don't mean catch the whole Lighthouse on the back of the hand.)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Jak

Something like this?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Jak

Realised I was a bit eager and probably didn't stay still for the full 3 seconds. I can refilm if I'm doing the trick correctly.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk