News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Member map

Started by BKA, 16 January, 2013, 18:00:48

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

We now have a member map so you can find fellow players near you!
http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=googlemap
(You have to be logged in to the forum to see it. Edit: You can now see the map, whether you're logged in or not.)

To add yourself to the map:
1) Join the forum if you haven't already!
2) Go to Profile>Forum Profile, and scroll down.
3) Move/zoom the map to your location, and click once on the map to drop a pin. (You should see it appear.)
For your security, we recommend you do not put the pin exactly on your home. Use the centre of your town or district.
4) Click the "Change profile" button at the bottom of the page.
5) Go to the map page and check your name is now in the list at the side. If it isn't, something went wrong!

If you want to edit your location at any time, just follow the steps above, adding:
2.5) Click on your old pin to remove it.

If you click on a pin, a pop-up will show the member's name - tap/click their name to see their profile. (And maybe send them a private message "Hi, you're near me! Want to meet and play kendama?" or similar.)

Troubleshooting:
- The map can sometimes be slow to load - please allow a few seconds for the map to appear, and then a little more time for the icons to appear.
- Clicking someone's name from the list sometimes shows a pin's position inaccurately. Zoom in, and its position will become more precise.

The more people are on here, the better we can all connect, so add yourself! :)

BKA

BKA may use this map to determine where to hold events, so if you're a UK player, make sure you add your pin if you want events to be near you! The more players are on the map, the more influential it will be.

The Void

While we're in a members-only phase, let's have another plug for the member map. Join in to connect with players near you - follow the instructions above and add a pin for yourself!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

Troubleshooting:

The map can sometimes be slow to load - please allow a few seconds for the map to appear, and then a little more time for the icons to appear.

Map seems to be broken in Chrome browser, but okay in others. Edit: Fixed for Chrome.

Sqveel

not loading for me in IE or chrome. It did load on my edit profile bit to put my pin on though.

I just wanna see if there's other clickers in Scotland!

BKA

:-( Sorry, we can't check IE here.

Working for us in Firefox, Safari and Camino.

This is a forum plug-in, so beyond our control.

BKA

We have found a fix for the Chrome issue. Please can Chrome (and IE?) users try the map again - hopefully it will be working for you now!

landor

Working fine on IE & Chrome. Thanks for fixing , it is very interesting to see the locations of clickers for the first time on the map, but disappointing to see so few
pins! Come on make sure you put your pin in the map.
    Also please support the BKA by joining & to be in with a chance to win in the Prize  Draws.
    Thanks BKA for all your hard work, we do appreciate you.

BKA

Thanks for testing! Glad to hear the fix is good.

And thanks for the kind words.

BKA

Shout out to newbies who joined for Outlink, why not add yourselves to the map? See above.

@annadama
@Kofi
@Boehlstar
@oesterzilla
@Kuba Plachý

And hi @upchurch786 @ilegales @kendamasim @Heero @Its_mrdiz  too!

BKA

Hey, @Kingi @BigKidJim @Its_mrdiz @ltdama @s070s @I.A.M , get on the map!
Instructions in the first post, above.

s070s

i'm already on here

BKA

BKA

Update: You can now see the map, whether you're logged in or not.