News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama wearing out?

Started by Cand1ez, 30 August, 2011, 20:43:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Cand1ez

Do kendamas wear out?

The spike is nearly flat on my only kendama and i think its affecting play a little.
Are there any negative implications on whitling(?) a new spike?

The Void

That would be a modification, and therefore render it ineligible for competition use. (Some people (I've heard) rebuild their spike with some DIY stuff (wood glue, or something, not sure). Can't remember if I was told that that was allowed in Japan or not.) I saw a video recently where someone had sharpened their spike with a pencil sharpener. It looked horrible!

I'd look on this as an opportunity to improve your technique - more sinking, less stabbing!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Cand1ez

Yeah for technique.

its lost that satisfying sound when you get a good aroplane.

but aslong as theres no need to replace it.  cant really afford another.

can second hand kendamas be baught?  i imagine not.

Damadude

Quote from: The Void on 30 August, 2011, 21:12:07
That would be a modification, and therefore render it ineligible for competition use. (Some people (I've heard) rebuild their spike with some DIY stuff (wood glue, or something, not sure). Can't remember if I was told that that was allowed in Japan or not.) I saw a video recently where someone had sharpened their spike with a pencil sharpener. It looked horrible!

I'd look on this as an opportunity to improve your technique - more sinking, less stabbing!

Some people in Japan rebuilt the spikes of Mugen just because they are so rare.
But it is considered a modification and the repaired kendama is not allowed for competition use anymore.
Join the community @ www.facebook.com/KendamaAroundTheWorld

Buy kendama @ www.kendama.de

Damadude

Quote from: Cand1ez on 30 August, 2011, 21:16:29
Yeah for technique.

its lost that satisfying sound when you get a good aroplane.

but aslong as theres no need to replace it.  cant really afford another.

can second hand kendamas be baught?  i imagine not.

PM me if you are looking for a used kendama. We have a couple of kendama used for exhibitions which we can give away cheaper.
Join the community @ www.facebook.com/KendamaAroundTheWorld

Buy kendama @ www.kendama.de