News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Misterwhang

Landed my first lunar flip!!!! It felt sooooooo good!

the milky oolong

[user]Misterwhang[/user], great stuff!

Today I am quite happy with:

(clean) Swing Bird>(Earth Turn)Over the Valley>Turn In
Gunslinger>Small Bird>Lighthouse>Trade Spike

Regular Berlin kendama meets sure are raising the bar!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

Kev

Today I'm having my first official shot at the Dan table with [user]The Void[/user] at BJC2014.  8)

Wish me luck!  :)

Confound

Good luck!! And today I landed a pull up, quad ken flip. And I landed my first big cup juggle. Feeling pretty stoked!

Waylon

I've been pretty quiet on all the toy boards lately. I've been busy trying to learn a thing or two. Today I had a session of pure progress. I feel like I'm getting through a blockage I had after mastering the basics.

Kev

Quote from: Confound on 15 April, 2014, 12:39:24
Good luck!! And today I landed a pull up, quad ken flip. And I landed my first big cup juggle. Feeling pretty stoked!

Hey thanks for the luck [user]Confound[/user], sorry didn't see this until now! It worked anyway - got my Pre-Dan which is great AND managed enough Moshi Kame to attempt 1st Dan at the BKO next month too. Very happy about that :)

As for you feeling stoked about your tricks, you should be! Looks like it was a good KD day for you too.  8)

Waylon

In the last day I've gotten these firsts: downspike, downspike earth, small bird in, bird over Valley, whirlwind spike. I couldn't be more pleased.

shalafi

Yesterday I did Bird and Turn in 3 times in a row. Today I did Bat -> Big cup -> Bat at the first try (to my own surprise)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

the milky oolong

[user]Shalafi[/user]: sounds like you're getting a real feel for your cup rim tricks - just to push things on a bit, go for Monkey's Chair or (Swing) Monkey's Chair while you're feeling nimble!

Enjoying the sun in the park yesterday, landed:

Gunslinger>Fast Hand Lighthouse (pretty neat)
Swing to Candle>Candle Balance>Spike
">">Fast Hand Lighthouse

after learning Gunslinger>Small Bird I am getting pretty close to Gunslinger>Slip Grip Special and Gunslinger>Clifftop. Well, sun is shining, maybe today will be the day!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

shalafi

Today I did the around trip in one go, I think for the first time: Around Village, Japan, World, Europe. Quite happy :)

@the milky oolong I was also trying swing to bird and earth turn to bird, but I'm nowhere close to consistent with them. I will try Monkey Chair, you can also do Everest from there :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

SC_Kendama

Today I landed One turn lunar, lunar flip, flip in, double jumping stick. I also made a One Turn Stilt>Flip In, and a Double Juggle. It's not even 11 O'clock here yet

The Void

I discovered a new Pinwheel variation tonight. Not telling you what it is yet, in case it ends up in Outlink or something...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dadooh

Today I landed the most spectacular trick I ever done. It deserves a share:

The Void

!!!
Your reaction is priceless. Killer trick, dude! :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kev

Amazing [user]Dadooh[/user]!

Awesome in the true sense.

Well done!