News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Oh, maybe something like "no more than 1 miss on any particualr trick, and less than 5 on the whole list", give or take.

Yesterday's run was reasonable until the end.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

donald grant

Finally made it down to the kendama meet here in Hong Kong. The Friday night timing ain't ideal as I have three shows on Friday (and four on Saturday, eep) but I forced myself off the show coach straight into a taxi, and had a fun hour and a half with about a dozen folks to play and share tricks with. Nothing much new trick-wise, as I have been mucking about with a 5 hole pill, but backstage today I hit string pull - pinwheel to small bird - in. All the more surprising as I was using my Toys r us rip-off tribute which I bought for "over concrete" sessioning :)

The Void

Today's IKO run was not so reasonable. I blame the cold fingers. Meanwhile, back indoors, and inspired by Rob, I tried a Candle Whirlwind as the kettle boiled. I nearly got one. I mean, Secret grip is neeearly Candle grip, right? :-)

That sounds a nice move, Donald, I shall have to try it...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Quote from: donald grant on 28 February, 2016, 17:13:03today I hit string pull - pinwheel to small bird - in.
I had a go at this tonight, and got as far as the Bird a couple of times, but foolishly tried to re-pinwheel it in, and that wasn't happening.

the milky oolong

Quote from: The Void on 29 February, 2016, 22:26:35foolishly tried to re-pinwheel it in

Was worth a go, Void!

Today I messed around with some weird string whip around the cups variations, found out there are literally tons of avenues to explore with all that. Just got to get them looking flowy, and Till and I will do a mini-edit on them :)
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Themed vids FTW[nb]As I believe the young people are wont to say.[/nb].

The Void

The Void

Yay, it's sunny! But it's cold and breezy too. :| Poor practice.

The Void

Inspired by @nemo , I had a play with that grip switch and came up with this:

donald grant

Had a nice session in the park the other day. The guys even let me choose the latest tricks for the damaHK challenge. There's a sweet little video up on the Facebook page.https://www.facebook.com/groups/damahk/?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/groups/damahk/permalink/331215233668987/

The Void

Nice one Donald.

Cold IKO practice in the garden today, and a bad 6th Dan practice at juggling club. Then @Rich turned up and we played some games of KEN and ComBones.

the milky oolong

...am really bloody happy I landed this trick (might need to switch to 0.5 speed viewing mode):

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

LarsVegas

Quote from: The Void on 07 March, 2016, 22:45:22
[...] we played some games of KEN and ComBones.

What is ComBones? Didn't find a proper definition in the forum?
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

A game Donald invented. As far as I know, I have the only copy. Did you watch the video at http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2598.0.html , because, without a lot of typing, that probably explains it best.

LarsVegas

Quote from: The Void on 08 March, 2016, 00:17:00
A game Donald invented. As far as I know, I have the only copy. Did you watch the video at http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2598.0.html , because, without a lot of typing, that probably explains it best.

Thanks, that entry did not show up in the forum search ... looks funny, somehow related to "endless combos", just that it's not endless
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion