News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

hey @the milky oolong I like the second trick quite a lot, but it feels like it would fit better with some earth turns to mirror the J-Sticks. What do you think?
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

the milky oolong

Hey, @shalafi, sounds great, you up for getting it down on camera nice and flowy? :)
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

shalafi

Quote from: the milky oolong on 22 June, 2016, 15:46:04
Hey, @shalafi, sounds great, you up for getting it down on camera nice and flowy? :)
I have more faith in you than I have in me :-)

the milky oolong

Well, though I am sure you could have done it, I appreciate the challenge. Had to sweat a bit under my cappie for this one. Now double-strength and ready for the cask:
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Yep, nicely done. I might try it soon, lacking spare time for a while.

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

donald grant

Thanks for the share, Void!

And nice fast flow on those combos, milky, must be all that fresh Scottish air :) !

Had a couple of hours down at the beach today, working out some new dumb tricks for the my next edit with Pete (soon, hopefully!)

Apart from those, I somehow landed a weird pinwheel fast throw one turn to trapeze, one turn to stilts.  Was so surprised, I confess, I took an extra second or two before managing to put it in :)

Also, sitting on a bench waiting for the bus home, I hit two reverse swing to clifftops in a row. Then missed about three or four dozen more tries.  Then the bus arrived.  Fine day!

The Void

Hey Donald, sorry for not commenting before, but those all sounded killer moves. Nice.

Saw this today from @Dimensions :

The whole thing is smooth and ridiculously tough, but it's the sharp swish out from the Stab into the front-on Spacewalk that I really liked.

KenSan

Fantastic skill from Rob and all with a regular no gimmick Royal kendama. Kudos.
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

Jedi_man

Today I actually got 100 around U.S.A., switching to a new kendama every 25! Man, it was hard as heck, but I did it and I'm so happy :)

The Void

In a row? That's hardcore consistency!

Jedi_man

Quote from: The Void on 06 July, 2016, 23:27:13
In a row? That's hardcore consistency!
Nah, not in a row. I'm not that good yet :) I should have said it wasn't in a row.

The Void

Still good persistence. Well done!

donald grant

Today, I learned a couple of things...

i)  filming an edit on a blustery, windy day is a nightmare...

ii)  I'm too dumb/ pigheaded to give up, so it took an extra half hour of flailing and grinding (and an extra half packet of biscuits for Pete) to finally nail the last few tricks.

Genuinely knackered, but at least it's "in the can", :)