News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Clicked to death - and other kendama tragedies

Started by The Void, 21 June, 2012, 16:38:31

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Because I practice Moshi Kame a lot, I set aside an unstrung Oozora solely for this trick. Alas, a couple of weeks ago, the poor thing decided it had had enough abuse, and flaked out. You can see how the rims slowly got more and more battered as the click onslaught continued.

ClickedToDeath

BigCupSplatted

SmallCupStillSharp

So, there must be more tragic tales of dama demises and ken catastrophes. Share them!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

MattDeCoteau

My very first kendama ever was a woodgrain TK-16. I was jamming with it at a park one day practicing kenflips when *pop*! The ball falls off the string and rolls under a parked car! I managed to make it to the other side of the car only to watch my ball roll into the sewer....sad day.

AlexSmith

In Kendama Edmonton miniedit 4 Ben and I opened up some fresh pink oozoras (we had just received 96 oozoras in the mail to sell to friends). Not long after I was practising some simple lunar stuff and half of my pink ken's big cup just fell off, without any sort of large impact. Very strange, thats now my 'shop dama' that I use to help reference certain dimensions while making kens. The tama ended up on the first kendama I ever made (a chunky black walnut fella).

Ah well, these things do happen, sometimes I wonder if people remember they're playing with toys made of wood. Not that complaining about chips and dents is over the top, but some people simply seem to expect their kens to be indestructible.