News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

How to make a playable mini kendama out of a Key chain tutorial

Started by KendAlex, 29 December, 2012, 11:09:41

Previous topic - Next topic

KendAlex

hello Folks.

today i made a photo tutorial of how to make a playable mini kendama out of a Keychain kendama.
it is on my album on my facebook profile,
check it out
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.513946121960715.114945.100000359945547&type=1

have fun

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

Kendalex, I've subd you on you tube(in case you were interested) can you make a video tutorial, and put it on you channel???

The link doesn't work for me either!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

KendAlex

Dimensions

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

BKA

Okay, we think it's a Facebook visibility thing, as we can see it with a FB-logged-in browser, but not without. However Alex has kindly sent them through to us to share on the forum with you. Enjoy!

ALL IMAGES ©KendAlex 2012
01 Step 1 Turn the ball of the ken, and get the string out. the string is glued in the Ball so you need a sharp tool to get the glue out

02 Step 2. get the sorado off and prepare to sand down the spike to make a sharp point.JPG

03 Step 2.5 sharpen the spike.JPG

04 step 3 sand down the spike to get the sorado lower on the ken.JPG

05 Step 3.5 sand paper down the spike to get the sorado lower on the ken.JPG

06 step 3 is done.JPG

07 step 4, grind the hole clean with a 4mm drill step 5 make the beginning of the hole nice with a hole wider. like a normal tama.JPG

08 Step 5 is done.JPG

09 step 5 is done, ready for stringing the tamas.JPG

10 step 6 string time.JPG

11 Step 6 get the smallest bead and knot it to some sewing thread (i've got some tiny beads from terra kendama).JPG

12 DONE DONE. Much fun with stacking, and jumping sticks and pull up in, always nice to have a mini kendama in the plane, train or metro, and play in you own seat good luck all.JPG

13 Mini kendamas are Ready to travel.JPG

The Void

Nice one Alex! As if the T8 isn't hard enough to play with already, you had to make a tougher challenge! :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KendAlex

thanks Void for the upload in here,
this kendama is a real hard challenge yes.
the T-8 is a normal size compare to this one ahaha.

if you remember i already played a micro one before.

but only spiking was possible, that already is hard though.

with this KROM mini kendama it is possible to do all the cups as well.
i also landed a one turn earoplane too :)

this keychain kendama is available on www.kendama.dk
check it out
happy new year