News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Low activity

Started by shalafi, 31 January, 2020, 14:28:07

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Hi!

I was just wondering why the forum is so quiet lately.

I, for one, don't have much time to play Kendama at the moment. I am hoping that once my kids are older they would want to play with me.

Is people not playing anymore? Have they gone to facebook? Have they gone to Downspike?

Just curious.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

Quote from: shalafi on 31 January, 2020, 14:28:07
Hi!

I was just wondering why the forum is so quiet lately.

I, for one, don't have much time to play Kendama at the moment. I am hoping that once my kids are older they would want to play with me.

Is people not playing anymore? Have they gone to facebook? Have they gone to Downspike?

Just curious.
Well, no replies in a week kind of says it all :(

BKA

Facebook ruins everything. #DeleteFacebook

donald grant

Yes, sadly Facebook has slowly but surely reduced participation in pretty much any site which includes discussion forums (diabolo.ca and retrocollect are two other casualties which I still check regularly but aren't anything like as popular as they were).
More recently Instagram seems to have had a big effect; far fewer edits, more single tricks and "follow me" attitude.  Majority of edits now seem to be for pros/ companies, so people then "follow" the brand on Instagram.  Fair enough, it's just marketing, people are happy because they get news, discount codes, deals, whatever. 
No criticism, it's just the way things have evolved. I'm still lurking here, if that's any consolation :)

The Void

About 9 months ago, I decided I wasn't going to visit any FB link, or look at IG at all (Except when I post to RK). My life has been much better for it.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Oh, yeah, I forgot about IG, it is a perfect fit fo today's society, short bursts of info, only the latest, and all for likes.

I muted all kendama groups on facebook, the amount of noise was unbearable.