News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Today I recorded a Skype interview with Brandon for a documentary he's making as a college project. Plus, spent 10 minutes in the garden before deciding it was too cold to click.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Small session in the garden today. Got a juggle trick and a C-Whip twiddley thing.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

The Void

Here's that C-Whip exit. Lightly inspired by a finger/sarado mount that @Rich did years ago. Watch out for the sneaky handswap.
https://twitter.com/RoyalKendama/status/1106916736455057413

The Void

Not hugely inspired at the club tonight, but here's one from Matt, & one from me from a couple of days ago.
QuoteJazz weekend BB flip#kendama#royalkendama #royalplush

https://twitter.com/RoyalKendama/status/1107791283358236674

shalafi

Oh Wow, I thought MAt was not practicing that much anymore...
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Quote from: shalafi on 19 March, 2019, 21:20:22
Oh Wow, I thought MAt was not practicing that much anymore...
I think me, @kendamatty & @donald grant are the triumvirate of the British #StillSlaying old guard. And that's old with a capital F. :-)

Gentle park session today, after being told "you can't film here without permission" by someone who must love his job. Was tempted to go with the line from Fowles' The Magus "Can is not may!", but didn't think it would be either appreciated or properly twigged.

The Void

Today I got 3 Whirlwind Earth Turns in a row. Cup of coffee definitely earned.

donald grant

Quote from: The Void on 21 March, 2019, 17:46:48

Nicely done!

Today I found a really tiny, subtle trick while waiting for a bus.  Pen grip big cup, swing the whole thing round to penguin.  Keeping the momentum going, let the tama roll across the back of your hand and it drops into base cup.  Like I say, a tiny trick but finding it kept me amused until the bus arrived.....:)

shalafi

Today I ran a small workshop at the Dublin Circus Festival (no signs of the IKO this year yet)

I also decided on a trick for the collab, now I just have to land it, which so far has never happened.

The Void

Quote from: donald grant on 23 March, 2019, 19:24:04Today I found a really tiny, subtle trick while waiting for a bus.  Pen grip big cup, swing the whole thing round to penguin.  Keeping the momentum going, let the tama roll across the back of your hand and it drops into base cup.  Like I say, a tiny trick but finding it kept me amused until the bus arrived.....:)
Today I had a go at this, and couldn't get my head around it. Just re-read it, and I think it makes sense to me now, but it doesn't flow for me. I look forward to seeing it in your own inimitable style.... either in person, or on vid, if Pete can manage it.
Quote from: shalafi on 23 March, 2019, 19:30:51
Today I ran a small workshop at the Dublin Circus Festival (no signs of the IKO this year yet)

I also decided on a trick for the collab, now I just have to land it, which so far has never happened.
Well done on workshopping. Yeah, I vaguely wondered about the IKO a while back, but held out little hope.
I look forward to receiving your collab trick.

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 24 March, 2019, 17:52:29
Quote from: shalafi on 23 March, 2019, 19:30:51

Well done on workshopping. Yeah, I vaguely wondered about the IKO a while back, but held out little hope.
I look forward to receiving your collab trick.
Well, you heard them past year "Sure, we'll run it" but I am helding little hope as well.

I have some time this week, I'll try to land one of the different variations I had in mind... I haven't practiced that much lately.

OTOH: I did some yoyo practicing today and my Rubik's skills are way better than a year ago, not sure if it compensates, but it is what it is.

The Void

Quote from: The Void on 21 March, 2019, 17:46:48
Ooh, and again today. Progress!

The Void

A short session in the garden today. Nothing much, just a bit of Bird and Stilt work. Enjoying the entry of spring though.

The Void

Good session at the club tonight with Rob. 2-1 to him in KEN games with our usual mix of silly and hard tricks thrown in. Dark chocolate and ginger biscuits too - best kind.