News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

That's a good thing for us all to look forward to, Donald. :) And only half an hour? That's not much. I'm at 5 hours and counting (in various sessions) for one trick I still haven't got.

Meanwhile, today I missed 1 JS, 2 BFOTV, but got my 3rd 2-T LH on the 10th attempt. Was a good warm-up for tomorrow's meet.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Dan training for me too today. 5/10 JS was my worst go for nearly a year. Bah. Got the rest though.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Not a very good practice day. I've had quite a layoff in practice, and it shows. Inconsistent.
7/10 JS
3/10 BFOTV
1/10 2T LH

shalafi

I am having terrible runs on my 2nd Dan practice.

I keep trying it at least daily so let's hope things get better by the time of the EKO.

The Void

Keep working, shalafi! We all have bad days. Slog through them.

A 3-in-a-row from me from yesterday: Spacewalk 1-Turn Fast Hand Flying Top

kendamatty

Wow @The Void, that is super consistent! (I remember trying this trick for an outlink and really struggling, so hats off to you for that).

Today, I strung up a kendama and had a good old jam for the first time in weeks. I also had my first run through of the EKO in a while, and it seems as if I've gotten a little rusty...
But on a successful note, I learned a cradle trick that I saw Rob do at the Leeds EKO, so I'm pretty chuffed. It's on my entry for the SISI

The Void

Thanks, @kendamatty . One of those moves I'm more at home with. We all have our faves, right?
I liked your SISI Orbit Falling Down too. (If that's what it was... couldn't do slomo to be sure.)

Sweltering here today, but last night I had just enough energy to do this Hydra combo:

donald grant

Found a new favourite spot down the coast (sheltered all sides, suntrap, no kids and dogs :) )  Bunch of new odd variations, infinity gunslinger lightning drop and (after a bit of grinding) swing tornado to axe, in.  Must be the lucky Scottish sunshine!

The Void

Sounds like an ace spot, Donald. (Bit of shade too?) Tricks don't sound too shabby either!

The other day I only got 2/10 2T-LH.
Last couple of days I had a quick bash at a stilty trick I've never got on camera (have now!).
Today I will mostly be printing paperwork for EKO.

donald grant

Yes, there's shade too for the rare moments you might need it in Scotland :)

Down there again today, and had one of those rare moments where you land a trick you never thought you would ever manage.  First saw it years ago, no idea why I was trying it, but today I got small bird contact gunslinger :)

The Void

Bam, Donald! (Or swoosh.)

Here's one that didn't quite end as planned:

shalafi

Today I recorded some tricks on slow motion. Nothing extraordinary, a 2 turn jumping stick, pull up double whirlwind, turntable and a juggle, but they look really nice in slow motion, I may put them together in a small edit.

The Void

Today I baked myself a little bit while practising 6th Dan. Failed the first 2 tricks, passed the rest.

The Void

Today I failed on the last trick. Less annoying than failing on the first? Yes, but still annoying. :)