News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

SamB

First try: Moon circle -> rosoku catch -> candle flip -> spike. So smooth I surprised myself and nobody was there to see it, oh well..
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

BKA

the milky oolong

Took a break from an endless Lunar training slot (think I'm almost there) to mess around with Ken grip tricks, and learned to Turntable instead. I find Kenflip (can't find the proper name for this) -> Turntable -> Spike strangely satisfying, but how many other tricks will come before I land my first proper bloody Lunar?
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

Nabil Sultani

Today I landed a variation of the whirlwind, but in tama grip. It looks like this:

1: Airplane
2: Throw ken into a Jumping Stick
3: Spin tama in your hands so the hole makes a full 360
4: Catch the jumping stick back into hole.

Felt Great!

BKA

Nice work, Nabil. We call those Typhoons:
http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96.msg495.html#msg495
They're tricky little beasts to get right, so well done.

And... Welcome to the forum!

The Void

Today I self-certified myself as 6th Dan.....

.... except for that damned 2-Turn Lighthouse! :-\ Oh well, I've never got that far before, so that's pretty pleasing. Sooooo much hard work though.....
Further!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

theobau

Today i landed double gunslinger, you know when the tama is hanging down and while you are pushing it up, you spin the ken around your finger twice before landing spike! -I was very pleased. The best part was that I did it again after some tries. I'm going to master that for sure! ;)

Theo

The Void

Nice, Theo. The single isn't too bad with a bit of practise, but the double remains awkward (for me, at least). In sight, but awkward!
Quote from: The Void on 21 December, 2012, 15:23:32Today I self-certified myself as 6th Dan.... except for that damned 2-Turn Lighthouse!
And today I failed on the first trick. *sigh*
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

Quote from: the milky oolong on 19 December, 2012, 21:01:51
but how many other tricks will come before I land my first proper bloody Lunar?

None. After long but steady progress, today I finally landed my first proper, no-nonsense, crisp Lunar. So, Merry Christmas, I suppose! 
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

BKA

shalafi

For Christmas, I gave a Kendama to my father... he managed spike quite soon
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Dadooh

Today I managed single to double to triple lunar flip! Plus it was filmed! Today is a good day.

WTP

Ahhh, I'm so jealous of this. I've wanted to get that trick for awhile.

Adam K

BKA speak: Stab the USA
America-speak: Downspike the USA

My knees are killing me.

donald grant

Last night I somehow managed to hit sideslinger earth turn.  Three times!  Most satifying new trick for a while :),  now I've got to get it more solid and save my old knees from such a battering!