News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 01 July, 2017, 18:03:28
Today I missed two attempts in my 6th Dan practice, and filmed some tricks on a prototype.
Wooo, prototype...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Cosmos and Hanging Spike let me down today. Hanging Spike! Honestly, Void, get a grip...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

I played a bit today. Some interesting trucks, a bird turn, which landed surprisingly easy, a stab far hand aeroplane, which was tough, and some improvement on consistency for lighthouse tradespike and handcuffs, even got 3 or 4 in a row.

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 02 July, 2017, 18:34:25
Cosmos and Hanging Spike let me down today. Hanging Spike! Honestly, Void, get a grip...
A hanging grip, to be precise :-)

The Void

Quote from: shalafi on 02 July, 2017, 18:47:58
Quote from: The Void on 02 July, 2017, 18:34:25
A hanging grip, to be precise :-)
Ha, I should have written "get a Spike...". :)

The Void

Today I...

... plus, played a game of SPIKE and a game of DAMA. And chatted kendama a bit too.

The Void

Today I passed my 6th Dan practice.

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 04 July, 2017, 18:44:09
Today I passed my 6th Dan practice.
Congrats! I have to get back to my 2nd Dan practice myself

johndmc

Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

The Void

Cheers. Was too hot to click yesterday, and looking the same today. Will see if I have any energy left before twilight sets in... :-)

KenSan

Getting a feel for stilt flips! Also this full ash kaizen 2.0 select is very nice!

[instagram]
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

Nice. Not one I've really worked on. Must brush up!

KenSan

Thanks @The Void . Yes, until now I was happy enough with just stilts and a very rare stilt over the valley. Stilt flips, just seemed to precise a trick for me to master. They are IMO considerably more precise than Lighthouse and Lunar flips thats for sure. But practice, patient, perseverance and all that...
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

Oh, come on, @KenSan , that was a golden opportunity for you to tell me "more knees!", and you missed it. :D

Yesterday I had a brief play, and got a Juggle Spike>Juggle Big Cup>Turntable>Spike. Nothing new, but I'm always pleased with a Juggle Spike.