News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Consistency competition #4

Started by kendamatty, 25 October, 2011, 14:27:04

Previous topic - Next topic

kendamatty

"Have you got the balls to balance?"

Next consistency competition will be up tomorrow during the day sometime so watch this space! I don't think this will be a " Void style" marathon of 22 tricks , however it shall involve some technical little keepers which I hope will keep you on the edge and more importantly on the ball..

kendamatty

Alrighty here we go! If you want an easier option which excludes number 9... look at the end of this thread!!!!

Latest tricklist is at the bottom of the thread, look for KCC4 PART 2, "doubles"!!

UPDATE!! - you are allowed 3 drops to completion of the list! Yes I have not gone mad, you heard me rightly... THREE!!! BUT... I have actually filmed the ladder now with no drops and will be uploading the video sometime next week so let's say Friday 9th, and then it will be a new list i have called "consistency completion 4 take 2", and the clue is doubles!! So get clicking or feel the wrath of doubles! Motivated to get this list filmed so we can get the thread moving again?? I certainly hope so  ;D
If you win with the update the glory will be all yours and my run of this list will be destroyed!!

1. Bird > in
2. Bat > in
3. Pull up and stall tama on the back of your hand > in (tip..outstretched fingers :-)!)
4. Lighthouse > falling down.
5. Aeroplane > lighthouse > falling down.
6.1 turn lighthouse > falling down.
7. Base cup > lighthouse > falling down.
8. Bat > bird > in.
9. MYSTERY TRICK!!!!! Ok... get a biro with a lid (basic bic biros seem good for this). Hold the lid with the nib inside it loosely, then jumping stick! Or as I call it a "pen flip"!

Enjoy! The reason for the last trick is it develops your kendama game when you don't have a kd to hand at either work or school/college

You hopefully know the rules now, I want a cleeeean run with no editing, no coming out of shot, no misses and no swearing! I found this easier than KCC #3, so this will give y'all a different challenge!

I am having a scout for prizes and they will be posted up tomorrow, KD stickers will be one of them, and a food related little treat to uphold tradition! I will release a couple of hints gradually if things seem too taxing :-)

The Void

Oooch!

1-6 are in my range, I reckon, 7 probably, but 8 & 9 will tax me mightily. I think I'll finish this cup of tea before I even have a stab.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

SamB

Like it. I'll give it a go when I'm home (not entering though). Just tried the pen flip in the office, only a fancy fountain pen to hand, now I'm covered in ink. There's a tip - dont try it with fountain pens.
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

John

Bat > Bird > In?

Ouch... you guys are MEAN. :)

The Void

What's this "you guys" business? All the blame lies purely at Matt's door!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Benjugglin

Aeroplane > lighthouse > falling down

This is a swing/flip straight to lighthouse?

kendamatty

No its not as malicious as that! So aeroplane, then once the spike is in the hole, hop the ken (in your own time) 180 degrees to lighthouse, then a lil 180 back into the hole.

Ah and little tip #2: for trick 7, you want to make sure the hole is pointing up when you catch it in base cup, and easier way I find is to be holding the ken between the slip grip and the clifftop when you get it in lighthouse, so your hands have much less time to travel to grab the ball. The base cup and ball don't want to be very far apart from eachother during the transition!
This trick needs some knees haha, but not as much as #8!

The Void

I've managed 1-5 dropless so far, and have done 6 & 7 too. I've just about got close to #8 using Dave's 'low bat' method, but damn, that's hard.

Plus, I can't find a biro with a lid in my house - they're all retractables!

Mirek

This looks great. I should join you.  ;)
unfortunately I don't know what biro is.

Peter

This biro stuff is really a Mistery. Would help if someone could post a film of it, so everybody would know what you are talking about...

Not that I ever came that far in the trick list :-)

BKA

A Biro is a brand name of a ball point pen. In the UK, it is so common, it has become a synonym for "pen", much like "hoover" for "vacuum cleaner", or "Sellotape" for "sticky tape".
Here's a pic of the life cycle of a Biro[nb]It's a proper noun, so should be capitalised, but people often write "biro" when they mean the generic item.[/nb]:
http://www.blinman.com/biro.htm

I'm sure Matt would be fine with you using any brand of pen, not just Biro.

Benjugglin

I've made it through the first seven several times now. I'm almost not looking forward to making it through the eighth because if I hit the eighth and miss the ninth I'll feel awful.

kendamatty

Ok guys, I have decided its time to hack down this consistency comp, so here is the change!!
We are getting rid of the pen flip (although I still think its worth practicing in your own time!) And replacing it with......  2 x single earth turns straight after the bat > bird in what ever grip you do the transition in! Reason for the extra trick is so peeps can film from fresh and can't be cutting any clips with the failed biro flip they have already got to and fell down on!. 

Sooo go for it  :D!!

kendamatty

Although if you want that pen flip instead, go for that still!