News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

What's that trick called...

Started by John, 03 August, 2011, 17:14:47

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Hi @Lucytfc , Welcome to the forum!
That seems like a perfectly reasonable way to ask a question, and in the right place too. :-)

The trick starts with...
Spacewalk Trapeze...
(Which is different to "Spacewalk > Trapeze", since "Spacewalk" on its own includes the Aeroplane catch.)
(Oh, and while I'm at it "Trapeze" is different to "Trapeze Acrobats", even though some people lazily abbreviate the latter to the former. But that's another story!)
...and then you do some sort of string transfer, which I can't quite see, or work out. Pretty neat, since it means that the cradle stays in place during the....
...oh, wait, I've just worked out what you're doing!
You're dropping the string loop over the top of the ball, across the hole, right? Then you do a Half Tumble, and a Stab > Fast Hand Grip Change.

There is a trick created by Mr Maruishi, former head of the JKA, (which I named as Triangle Drop in my book Knees), which ends with the ball in the same string cradle that you Tumble into. But your entire trick is a combo incorporating the Triangle Cradle. I like it!

So the elements of your combo are...
Spacewalk Trapeze > Loop Transfer > Half Tumble Triangle Cradle > Stab Fasthands
If you want to give a name to the whole combo, then feel free.

Oh, and I love your happy laugh at the end of the trick, too.
Cheers!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Lucytfc

Quote from: The Void on 13 February, 2019, 12:37:04
Hi @Lucytfc , Welcome to the forum!
That seems like a perfectly reasonable way to ask a question, and in the right place too. :-)

The trick starts with...
Spacewalk Trapeze...
(Which is different to "Spacewalk > Trapeze", since "Spacewalk" on its own includes the Aeroplane catch.)
(Oh, and while I'm at it "Trapeze" is different to "Trapeze Acrobats", even though some people lazily abbreviate the latter to the former. But that's another story!)
...and then you do some sort of string transfer, which I can't quite see, or work out. Pretty neat, since it means that the cradle stays in place during the....
...oh, wait, I've just worked out what you're doing!
You're dropping the string loop over the top of the ball, across the hole, right? Then you do a Half Tumble, and a Stab > Fast Hand Grip Change.

There is a trick created by Mr Maruishi, former head of the JKA, (which I named as Triangle Drop in my book Knees), which ends with the ball in the same string cradle that you Tumble into. But your entire trick is a combo incorporating the Triangle Cradle. I like it!

So the elements of your combo are...
Spacewalk Trapeze > Loop Transfer > Half Tumble Triangle Cradle > Stab Fasthands
If you want to give a name to the whole combo, then feel free.

Oh, and I love your happy laugh at the end of the trick, too.
Cheers!

That's a fantastic explanation of what i've did there! I forgot to mention that i was looking for the name for the last trick, the one you've calle Half Tumble Triangle Cradle! But this was way more satisfying :)

I was just curios cause I like drawing some stuff and the name helps me a lot!

Glad i can share some joy on my clips! Thanks a lot for the response :D
Cheers!

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

@Lucytfc Skip to 1:49 in the video in this thread: https://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1736.0 to see Mr Maruishi's original.