News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Bilboquet

Started by Kev, 05 February, 2014, 23:41:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev

[user]LarsVegas[/user] comments on another thread today reminded me about Bilboquet.

I've been thinking of ordering one from http://www.bilbostyle.com at some point and I was wondering:

Does anyone have any comments / experience of the different shapes available (pros / cons)?

And how about the different woods used?

I'm guessing it's largely personal preference but always nice to see what you guys have to say!

Browsing the forum I see some of you already have them (or have had them - sorry to hear you lost yours [user]AlexSmith[/user]  :( )

I'm thinking I'd probably go for the Tonneau 110 shape in a lightish coloured wood for easy hole spotting.

(Also any idea about the shipping cost to the UK? It's not very clear from the site).

The Void

I think I've read reports of there being quite long delays between the ordering and the delivery from there. Worth dropping an enquiry to them on that point first, I'd say.

ETA: Oh, right, they list what's in stock, and say 30 days for what's not, so that answers that. :-) Ooops. Foot-mouth extraction time...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kev

Quote from: The Void on 05 February, 2014, 23:56:05
and say 30 days for what's not

Well I guess we'll find out - just ordered one! [*Sets timer to precisely 30 days*]

Anyone know anything about the pad for the base? Is it just for looks or does it have a function?

(I've gone for an an all wood option so don't really want to stick anything to it unless it's needed).

Yay, new toys!  8)

Kev

Hmmm.

Ordered on the 8th Feb. No communication whatsoever from bilbostyle.com (no order confirmation etc) despite me sending them a couple of emails.

They have taken payment though!

I still have faith.

Will update you soon!

Kev

Just posting an update as may be useful info for others:

Still not heard a thing from bilbostyle  :(

I'm giving them until the end of this week when 30 working days will have passed after which I'll need to ask PayPal to recover my £50.

Real shame as I was looking forward to getting one.

Long shot now but if any of you know Cyril from Bilbostyle personally please drop him a line on my behalf!

Thanks

theobau

Quote from: Kev on 10 March, 2014, 18:10:35
Long shot now but if any of you know Cyril from Bilbostyle personally please drop him a line on my behalf!

sorry to hear, I've been thinking about getting a bilboquet too.. have you tried contacting him on facebook?
His name is Cyril Ferrand - https://www.facebook.com/cyrilamigo?fref=ts

Kev

I don't telly use Facebook but looking at his page it doesn't look like he's updated it in quite a while.

Thanks though!

s070s

hi kev

any progress on the stabber>???
i just read this thread this morning, and wanted to share mine experience.

i got mine bilbo about two year ago now
i never order via his website. i got in contact via e-mail witch i got from my buddy alex R
It's a pretty large sum and it feels very tricky in the begining
But if syril contacted you via e-mail and he said you'll get it ..... You will get it
i had to wait almost a half year to recieive mine (i bought a big and a small one )

remember .. he is doing this ' on the side'  and isn't a big woodshop at al.
and he probally can only go to work on them in the summer time.

anyways ... those bilbo from bilbostyle ARE pretty awesome !!
and worth the wait.. ( you can brush up on your kendam skills in the meanwhile)

've think i got his e-mail adres in my account somewhere ..
if you want is mail me at (my BKA account name) @hotmail.com

But extually mr. Ruisch is the (on)official bilbo ambassador in europe.

good luck !

Kev

Thanks [user]s070s[/user]

I would like his email address as a last ditch attempt if you can send it through to me via a forum private message please?

Quote from: s070s on 17 March, 2014, 11:22:34

But if syril contacted you via e-mail and he said you'll get it .....

I've had no contact from him at all, I already sent him emails in English and French to the addresses on the website plus the PayPal email address he used to take payment but I've heard nothing at all at any stage.

I will try one more message otherwise I need to get PayPal to get my money back :(

Kev

Just to conclude this, in the end, having had literally zero communication from Bilbostyle, I had to ask PayPal to escalate my issue to a dispute. Sadly Bilbostyle didn't reply to this either so Paypal have now decided in my favour and are retrieving my payment.

A real shame all in all! It is weird that the guy was never in touch, I do hope he's alright!

Anyway, case closed, no bilboquet for me :(

The Void

Sweets' Bilboquets are very nice. Not quite so massive, but definitely chunkier than a standard-scale kendama. More like a performer size. I'd guess they've sold out by now though.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kev

Yep sold out, but they do look nice!