News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Buddhaprice Monthly Edit

Started by Buddhaprice, 06 January, 2012, 18:51:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddhaprice

I'm not to sure if I am going about this the right way but here Is my edit from this past december and I will continue to make an edit  and post every month hope you all enjoy

The Void

Looks like you're going about things okay to me!
Nice Jumping Stick skills.
[Edit]:Nice December weather too!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Buddhaprice

Quote from: The Void on 06 January, 2012, 22:35:15
Looks like you're going about things okay to me!
Nice Jumping Stick skills.
[Edit]:Nice December weather too!

lol a perk of living in Florida. And thank you man I really appreciate it : )

Buddhaprice

My january edit is starting to blow this one out of the water, but thats what its all about I cant wait to share it when its done 

Buddhaprice

The Void

Well, if your last one was all about the jumping sticks, this one's obviously all about the Whirlwinds. Neat-o.

In some ways though, this came across as "a guy doing tricks". That's probably a bit of a dim thing to say, but I find that the videos that really stand out for me are the ones where the player's personality shines through a little. How that manifests itself is entirely up to you of course, but maybe between a few of the "doing a trick" shots, you could intersperse a smile to camera, shaking hands with a dog, hanging your prized, just-polished kendama from your rear-view mirror, etc, etc. So maybe for the next one, think about that a little?

Of course, that's just my preference, but I think what is most important is that you make the videos that you want to make - so keep doing that!

Cheers!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Buddhaprice

thank you void I do really appreciate your feedback, Im slapping myself in the forehead now I have so much footage with this edit  timelapses,driving scenes,beach fun etc...I did not want to be the guy with a 15 minute edit but I really do see what you mean. My girlfriend who in most cases is always my camera (wo)man always tells me to smile but best believe Im glowing on the inside when i land those. I will focus on bringing more variety to my edits in the future.thank you for taking the time to view my videos it means alot to me especially coming from experts like yourself around here : )   

The Void

You're most welcome.

You're right, 15 minute edits can be a bit of a stretch, but finding the balance is where it's at. 30 seconds'-worth of the type of clips I mention in a 3 or 4 minute video is probably plenty. (Your viewers are probably interested in watching a kendama video, after all!).

Anyway, keep having fun!

SamB

That whirlwind bird was awesome, I also feel like I'm letting my left hand go to waste now ...

I have to agree with Void in every way though. my favourite parts of kendama videos in the past is seeing someone maybe miss something a few times and then get it and go crazy, it makes it feel more real like that. Like how there is usually a bails section in Skateboard and BMX videos (except there is a lot less wincing and gore in kendama misses). Also videos that tell a story are nice too (if there is a good one to tell). However, I still love the Japanese one-trick style and the Dutch Kendama/ Kendalex videos of mad tricks. So I guess try a few things and see what works for you. If you keep this up you'll probably get awesome at both kendama and making videos!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

Buddhaprice

Quote from: SamB on 20 January, 2012, 18:42:26

However, I still love the Japanese one-trick style and the Dutch Kendama/ Kendalex videos of mad tricks. So I guess try a few things and see what works for you.
In no way is this an excuse but those guys got me started on kendama with the edits they produce.My idols in the sport I would have to say. I have also been on a huge kick the past few weeks of putting kendama in youtube using a Japanese translator, very fun yet odd kendama videos I do suggest everyone who plays to do so. Thank you for watching sam and I really do appreciate the constructive feedback I am loving learning how to edit : )