News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Restrung a freshie today.

Filmed a few quick tricks with it to. Will post those soonish.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

HansNickmans

I've never really clicked on lunars, sometimes I would think that I have it and then I would completely lose it again. Until last year when I kinda got inward lunars solid, actually based on Sweets' tutorial (which is short but very good).

However, yesterday on a new natural Zen, it started clicking again. And I landed lunar after lunar. Apparently I've been doing it wrong for all those years (which is more than 8 years). I thought the catch was as I learned with lighthouse, a small upwards push to stabilize. However, I found that for me just cushioning the catch as much as possible (with knees of course) really makes it that much easier.

A lot of talk about what is just "a lunar" these days, but I got that same feeling again as when I just started playing. [insert emotional statement here]

Now on to lunar somersault, the next one on the list....
Kendama Belgium!

BKA

Jedi_man

I concocted some nice setups, including a fake dave mateo pro model :P
Left: Krom Red oak half split tama, TK16 sarado, Cherry kaizen sword.
Right: Unknown (Most likely Sweets) purple sticky tama, Cherry kaizen sarado, TK16 sword.
It's good to know that kaizen and tk16 swords/sarados are interchangeable!

Jedi_man

Just now I got downspike earth turn fast hand airplane! I'm so hyped right now 8) also got a few lightning drops, lighthouse trade spike, and an airplane trade spike.
Also, I found that if you're doing cold pizza, you can use your thumb instead of index and go straight into a butterfly when you grab the ken.

donald grant

Nicely done, Jedi_man, sounds like some solid progress!

Surprised myself the other day (on a freezing sunny beach) by hitting baton twirl to small bird, in, and then a couple of minutes later bird over the valley nodding on both sides.  Cold hands obviously focus the mind :)

The Void

Nice work fellas. Today I briefly brushed the dust off my knees to try to work out what I might go for in the 7toSpike next week...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

rhys_goes_peace

Today I landed my first ever stab, both from revolver grip and sara grip. It is so satisfying!  ;D
Check out my instagram: @rhysgoespeace

The Void

Nice one @rhys_goes_peace ! Now try
Stab > Base Cup > Stab (> repeat as often as you like)

rhys_goes_peace

Quote from: The Void on 11 December, 2016, 14:15:42
Nice one @rhys_goes_peace ! Now try
Stab > Base Cup > Stab (> repeat as often as you like)
Will do!

The Void

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

rhys_goes_peace

The Void

Thanks guys. Here's another:

If you haven't seen the last part before, search the forum for Gyroscope for a better view.