News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Folken kendama

Started by andrewyip, 05 January, 2014, 16:13:21

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewyip

anybody ever bought a folken kendama? if so, what is so good about it? i want to buy one

udgfxp

[Mod edit: Topics merged]

I've seen a topic like this before but it didn't get any replies. Has anyone ever bought and played with a folken kendama? How is it? I think the concept is neat, but would like to get some opinions about it from people who have had the experience with it.

BKA

mreasyguy

I can chime in a little here but to be honest, not played it enough to give a full review, but here is my initial thoughts after a few hours play with it:

PRO'S:
As you would expect, the band makes some things alot easier, I cant Border Balance most of the time but with my folken i can get it there and hold for a few seconds, also ladybugs are really easy with it.
I like the weight of the ken itself, and it's a bit chunky which I really like and is nice with gunslingers.

CON'S:
The weight of the tama makes spacewalks a bit weird. due to the weight difference between the tama and Ken it makes the spin a little off.
The band can also be a hindrance, if you rimshot and it hits the band I have had occasions where rather than slip into a cup it bounces out haha.
And I don't know if this is just me but I find the Tama hole bevel quite small which makes birds and so forth a bit trickier, but again, this may just be me so used to my Homegrown.

Overall it's a nice Kendama, If you want one buy from here: http://www.kendamalife.com/kendama/folken I had mine delivered in 6 days and no customs charge which is always a plus.

Will T

ive had one since Christmas and it is overall a great kendama, however, the paint chips quite a lot on mine and as @mrgreasyguy mentioned the band does sometimes get in the way of some tricks.

M.Wang

I hot one recently and I noticed it wasn't that tacky. Do just have to break it in?

Thanks.
M.
-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.