News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Speed Trick B in 1:10 (never been under 1:30 before)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Nice! Only 10 seconds away from 4th Dan standard.

This week I practiced 6th Dan every day. Failed every time, on one or two tricks. But 2-T LH seems to be getting there... except for today when it was just 1/10. *sigh*
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kajerm

Today I attempted a one turn airplane to lighthouse. I got it to stick once! Then I missed the falling in... It felt good though.

Enjoy simple things

the milky oolong

Nice work, guys (you too, [user]Void[/user]).

Today I got something very special through the post from BKA headquarters. More about that coming soon (see Video section)...
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

jsirois31

Today I got...
Gunslinger>Loaded Gunslinger>Big Cup Gunslinger>Kenflip>Spike
Perfect Practice make Perfect.

Sqveel

last night i learned bird! slowly trying my hand at all the tricks my friends claim are "impossible"

yeah, still no luck on lighthouse though...

Sqveel

just got the knack of the gunslinger! man it makes me feel smoooooth :)

might have to retract my bird from a few days ago, not been able to catch it since

BKA

emagdnim

Spacewalk, handroll, Juggle, spike.... need to get this trick on film.

Almost landed, Spacewalk, handrol. juggle lighthouse tradespike..  keep on missing the tradespike. :( and most of the times the juggle to lighthouse ::)

The Void

Today I didn't play kendama at all. Was too busy prepping, printing, packing and tidying.
I'm away for 3 of the next four weeks on various jaunts, mostly hanging out with kendama cats. It's gonna be good.

emagdnim

First time ever done Speed Trick B and lunar to border balance...

Last trick did not go so well but had the bb down for about 2-3 seconds

the milky oolong

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

In a post frisbee-golf session, I got an Everest>Aeroplane yesterday, first try, with witnesses.
And this morning, in Samuli's garden, I got it first time again. Oddly, doing it faster seems to work for me. ?!

fredCP

Congrats ! Everest is one of my favourite tricks, that's a cool combo !