News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonicpearse

I had very similar experience yesterday - many close landings but not quite there. Had to stop as sprained my wrist! Dangerous activity this kendama...
Sonicpearse

the milky oolong

Eek, look after yourself, [user]Sonicpearse[/user]!

Nice to feel some solid practice playing off; have been doing four-trick lines for each basic trick form (Earth Turn, Aero, Lighthouse, Bird, etc), with variants and each ending on a reverse (for example, Swing In Earth Turn, Earth Turn, Flying Top, Reverse ET), really sharpening up my transitions. Picked up the KROM and landed this first try or die!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

To keep things moving...
Endless Combo #88 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

And yes, [user]Sonicpearse[/user], a few attempts at this does start to make the wrist ache!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

jsirois31

Perfect Practice make Perfect.

The Void

Thanks!
Right then, next up is a fairly simple one. Hopefully to get a newbie to join in:
Bird> throw up ken & tama, catch both (separated) on your flat palm.
Instagram vid:

If you've been in the EC before, it'd be nice if you gave at least a couple of days for some newbies to have a go....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

[user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]SamB[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]the milky oolong[/user] & [user]jsirois31[/user] are now entered into the prize draw for rounds 76-100.

Next trick is:
89. [from Bird] > Flat Palm Catch

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw.
[user]Dimensions[/user], [user]the milky oolong[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]jsirois31[/user], [user]The Void[/user] must sit out round 89.
Good luck everyone!

BKA

Prizes for 2 successful entrants to #s76-100:

Anyone can win the Classic, but only card-carrying BKA members will be eligible for the string pack.
Random draw after #100 is completed.

shalafi

mmm, I want to have one trick in the 75-100 as well, this one looks easy, but even if i record it I'd leave a couple of days for new blood to enter.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Ah, well, maybe I should change that to "If you've been in this section of the EC before...".

shalafi

Ok, then...

Endless Combo 89 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Not sure if both ken and tama have room in my hand without using part of the wrist as in the video, and I don't have small hands.

The close up is to show that they do not touch and that there is no "grabbing"

The Void

shalafi

Ok, so, from having the ken and tama both in your flat palm (you can place them as you wish) -> Backhand scoop spike.

* Grab tama
* Throw ken spinning in normal direction
* Catch when ken is vertical (+- 30 degrees)

Ideally, the ken does a 1.25 turn, but I'm also ok with a 0.25 turn
For bonus points you can throw ken and tama, then grab tama, then catch, but I'm ok with grabbing the tama before the throw.

BKA

[user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]SamB[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]the milky oolong[/user], [user]jsirois31[/user] & [user]shalafi[/user] are now entered into the prize draw for rounds 76-100.

Next trick is:
90. [from Flat Palm Catch] > Backhand Scoop Spike (scoop goes towards the armpit)
* (Optional: Throw and...) Grab tama
* Throw ken spinning (1.25 or 0.25 spins) in normal direction (spike begins moving up and towards you)
* Catch when ken is vertical (+- 30 degrees)
Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw.
[user]the milky oolong[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]jsirois31[/user], [user]The Void[/user] & [user]shalafi[/user] must sit out round 90.
Good luck everyone!

shalafi

11 players in 14 tricks, that's great participation :)

Sonicpearse

That looks tricky! Any chance of a video showing the trick - struggling to picture it.
Sonicpearse