News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Cliffdama

@brad , everytime i come here  to read etc i see new videos of you getting better and better every time! Keep it up!

-

Yesterday i landed my first spacewalks, and today with sone practice they are even easyer, there's nothing hard about it after all :). And... Got it on camera! My girlfriend was filming me :D, also did some tapes allready with some birds so soon my first edit will be there ^^

Cliffdama

Found out a easy way to learn lunar catch. Lighthouse -> Lunar (no flips) by this way i landed my first!! Shouted: whooooooo!!!! (And than it dropped of :( )

br4d24

hmm i will have to try that! I have made great progression today as well. No video this time but i landed my first swing to bird and stilts. Also landed lighthouse one turn to spike (not sure the correct term, you have a lighthouse and flip it once instead of just dropping it to spike)

Kev

Today I just got Jumping Stick sorted.

How? Thanks to an excellent tip from Spike! - (http://kendama.co.uk/books.html)

"Keep your eyes on the tip of the spike"

Had been a bit hit and miss up to this point but just landed 8 out of 10.

:)

br4d24

Hey congrats man! Jumping stick is a very important stepping stone to other fun tricks like UFO and build the lighthouse!

I have been progressing too! Heres a short spring edit with some new combos and tricks!

The Void

Well done Kev. Brad, you keep getting better, man.... :)

Today I.... tried a 2-Swirl Aeroplane for the first time. After a few brushes of the face and the chest on the exit, I got it. Also, I tried Dimensions' latest suggestion from the endless combo thread: gunslinger under the leg. Surprisingly hard, and tiring!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Tetsuya Takahashi

After four months of playing kendama i finally landed around europ with downspikes.

The Void

Today Mr Jumpshoe and I strolled along to the park and had a little session. As it got colder, we decided we'd finish when one of us hit Kamikaze. His spin was much more consistent than mine, but I managed to fluke it first. :D
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

...landed Swing to Bat. Getting a bit obsessed with starting everything with a swing; maybe I should change tack soon. Still, very satisfying trick!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

Tetsuya Takahashi

Landed my first big cup-spike mars finally.

BKA

The Void

Spacewalk Fast Throw Spike... But with an axis spin on the ball, not an earth turn spin. I'm confused as to whether I "cheated", or made up a new trick! ;)

The Void

...managed to repeat that trick yesterday at the airport, waiting for Mirek... I'd tried so many times to get it, that some guys sat drinking coffee must have twigged how tough it was for me, and applauded when I landed it. That was fun. Then a few minutes later, Alex got the Earth Turn spin version and got some applause too.
I also got my first 3-Swirl Aeroplane at the Airport. Earlier, Alex, Jumpshoe and I had some fun games of Spin-Off. See @BritishKendama on instagram for a few pics.
Meanwhile, not much sleep, and a full day's clicking and sightseeing ahead.... #runningoncaffeine

Cliffdama

Finally landed my first stilt! What a great felling if you labd a trick like that!
Yesterday i landed slipstick special ^^ also great and not as hard as it looks :)

BKA