News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Official BKA gradings

Started by BKA, 08 January, 2012, 07:38:18

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

BKA

More gradees pics. Well done everyone!

BKA

Well done Charlie. Not at all bad for someone who's had a kendama for just over a week, and got his first Spike 2 minutes before the grading!

BKA

Go [user]Rafa_kendama28[/user]!

DamaLife24

We really need to have someone to do grading in the US. Or at least a way to do a live video grading. Saddens me that I'm only able to self grade and not get it official. 
Bryan Burnett

jsirois31

I agree [user]DamaLife24[/user] . I know the USA Kendama Association does grading, but #1, I dont live in Hawaii and #2, Im not going to pay $80 for their membership (although I'm not a BKA member yet, your prices are insanely cheap :D)
Perfect Practice make Perfect.

Sqveel

I love love love that Kendama has proper gradings with lovely certificates. My thrower of a boyfriend is super jealous that he can't get his yo-yo skill levels certified :P

It does confuse me that it can't be done over video, when we live in the age of the internet now. Is it cos of editing? Live video could be a thing, or is the quality in those kind of things just not good enough?

BKA

Even live, quality and depth perception are not good enough. The human eye is a phenominally good piece of equipment.

BKA

Congrats to [user]Salvator-vals[/user] who hit 1st Kyu today on his first grading!

shalafi

Quote from: BKA on 04 July, 2014, 13:22:28
Even live, quality and depth perception are not good enough. The human eye is a phenominally good piece of equipment.
Depth perception is overrated. :-D

I think I'm going to use that as my new signature.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

Congratulations to the guys who got graded at EJC. We will do a photo/listings update some time after EKO.

BKA

Congratulations to all those who recently gained or increased a grading. Forum profiles and register have been updated. Please let us know if we missed you, as we don't have records of all the JKA gradings done in Denmark.

LarsVegas

Couldn't find a thread about JKA gradings, so I post this here:

Does anybody know whether it's allowed to do the Moshikame part in a JKA grading with a stringless Kendama and to switch to a normal Kendama later? Or are you required to use the same Kendama for all tricks?
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

BKA

Stringless is fine for Moshi Kame with the JKA.

BKA

Congrats to [user]Ash[/user], who Moshi'd his way to 1st Kyu yesterday.