News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Waylon

What's it called when you lift the ken as if to Lighthouse, but you tap it with the tama along the way and catch it like Aeroplane? I did that today. And my basic lighthouse variations are coming along. Fun stuff :)

Dimensions

[user]waylon[/user] it's called "tap in"
But shouldn't you be using the 'what's that trick called?" thread?
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Misterwhang

Today I landed stilts twice and landed a few swing bird!!

the milky oolong

[user]Misterwhang[/user] Great stuff! Swing-Birds get surprisingly easier if you keep on top of them, so don't rest easy just yet and get them down tight. Such a satisfying trick. After that you'll be wanting to mess around with Swing-Bats too, then Penguin Swing-Ins, etc etc etc.

Today I was messing around with starting Build the Lighthouse from a Penguin position, so to speak, an 'under-flip' to Lighthouse. Works really well, and you're always primed for a hefty 'batS' (tama opposite of Stab).
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

emagdnim

messed around with lighthouse.

Did lighthouse somersault
and
a lighthouse where you land lighthouse, then trow the ken up again and let it spin 360 degrees and land lighthouse again

ended up doing a mini suicide 1 turn lighthouse,  the other lighthouse 360 trick, somersault lighthouse tradespike in one combo

Waylon

Completed Kyu 1 on self cert. Lost it in the Swing In in pre advanced. I'm just happy to have gotten the 50 MK  in Kyu 1 on the first try :) It's not a move I practice.

HansNickmans

Today I was practising my 'hanging' tricks. Managed to get:
- Hanging candle --> very challenging and fun trick
- Hanging one turn airplane
- Hanging one turn lighthouse

Still practising on my hanging swing-ins though...

Plus played some spin-off! Great game!
Kendama Belgium!

Misterwhang

Today I landed a few Suberi-dome Gokui Slip Stop Specials after watching a KendAlex tutorial!

the milky oolong

...landed Tap (1-Turn) On, รก la Bitter Beans Crew. A very happy boy!

...landed Penguin Start Build The Lighthouse > Scoop Spike. Fun fun!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

Waylon

Today I made a pill. Way more fun than I thought it would be.

The Void

Wow, that looks like a bit of a monster!
So, do you mean way more fun to make, or to use? (I suspect both! :-)

If you hadn't posted that image on this forum, I would have guessed from the proportions that it was some kind of monster yo-yo. Have you made it to be cunningly dual-purpose?  :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Waylon

Quote from: The Void on 04 October, 2013, 13:26:10
Wow, that looks like a bit of a monster!
So, do you mean way more fun to make, or to use? (I suspect both! :-)

If you hadn't posted that image on this forum, I would have guessed from the proportions that it was some kind of monster yo-yo. Have you made it to be cunningly dual-purpose?  :)

It's more fun to play than make, but both activities are satisfying :) I have this big slab of curly maple lying around so I thought I'd do something useful with it. I'm going to pick up some tung or maybe linseed oil this weekend so the beauty in the wood can be brought out on the next one.

If only I were half so clever! It weighs in at about 137g. That would be one monster yoyo.

It's not actually as big as it looks. I measures about 2.75" in diameter and maybe 5 or so inches tall.

emagdnim

I landed Lunar first try today, was the first time ever hitting Lunar first try..

The Void

Today I cricked my back whilst practising. I guess I won't be going to the Manchester Juggling Convention tomorrow after all.

Oww.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

Landed a lunar flip today
And a maelstrom lunar - after alex's helpful tutorial
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6