News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kyu Club - After the Essential Eleven: Suggestions?

Started by quadraptor, 02 June, 2014, 18:59:09

Previous topic - Next topic

quadraptor

So you've gotten into Kendama, are working on learning (or have mastered) The Essential Eleven, and want to know where to go next...

This topic's definitely for you!

For beginners, please feel free to use this thread to ask questions about relatively easy tricks to learn after the Essential Eleven.

For more experienced players, we can definitely use your help here.  Any suggestions on post-beginner tricks, easy-to-learn tricks, or just tips on making your Kendama play fun, easier, ect is definitely welcome here.  I want this thread to be a good go-to source for us beginners who want to learn and grow past the Essential Eleven.  If you've got a link to a post or video for those tricks you have in mind, please link them in your answer.

Thanks a bunch guys, without further ado, the Kyu Club is open!

quadraptor

I'll go ahead and add my first suggestion - a pretty fun and easy trick to learn is the Frying Pan.  I don't know if there's a link to a topic about it, but I took a few pictures of it here and here

It's pretty straightforward - catch the Tama on the side of the spike between the big and small cups.  It takes a good bit of balance as you will learn any tilt of the Ken will make it fall off, but I think it's a good fun trick to learn.  You'll occasionally catch the Tama on the other side of the Ken, like on the handle.  That's perfectly fine when that happens too.

I'm currently working on doing some kind of combination of big cup -> frying pan -> little cup.  It's tricky, but if I am able to do it and get a video, I'll be sure to post it up.

the milky oolong

Cool idea for a thread, [user]quadraptor[/user]! With videos it is sure to come in useful. Don't forget the great Trick Archive put together by [user]Dimensions[/user], it's a great resource. Look forward to seeing what you come up with!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

BKA

How about...

Earth Turn, because you can practice one after every Swing In or Spike.
Jumping Stick, http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,796.0.html because you can practice one after every Aeroplane.
Falling Down, http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,421.0.html because you can practice one after every Lighthouse.