News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

rhys_goes_peace

Quote from: Unichuck1 on 28 December, 2017, 14:32:56
Quote from: rhys_goes_peace on 28 December, 2017, 04:27:30
Got this trick: [instagram]

That cant be in the uk haha

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I'm on holiday in Australia right now to meet family! Escaped the awful snow now hurray!
Check out my instagram: @rhysgoespeace

The Void

Hey @kendamatty , this is super swingy! Nice job! I'm terrible at controlling those re-swings. Meanwhile, I've got a hat like that.... in black. :)

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 04 January, 2018, 02:27:39
Hey @kendamatty , this is super swingy! Nice job! I'm terrible at controlling those re-swings. Meanwhile, I've got a hat like that.... in black. :)

Amazing solid, as usual.. makes it look easy.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

johndmc

Today I have started to work on practice towards my pre Dan and 1st Dan gradings. I am aiming to achieve these by the time BKO comes around so I can do some gradings for others while I am there.
The moshi kame practice is the killer. Anyone got some insight on effective ways to improve in this.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

The Void

@johndmc Good luck with the training. Some various comments from folks on Moshi Kame are here: http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,688.0.html

johndmc

Quote from: The Void on 06 January, 2018, 23:28:28
@johndmc Good luck with the training. Some various comments from folks on Moshi Kame are here: http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,688.0.html
Great thread thanks Void

KenSan

@johndmc I find a soft grip very helpful with Moshi Kami. Helps cushion and absorb any wayward catches!
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

johndmc

Quote from: KenSan on 07 January, 2018, 20:36:55
@johndmc I find a soft grip very helpful with Moshi Kami. Helps cushion and absorb any wayward catches!
Cheers dude, I'll message you at some point for a grading if that's OK, won't be for a while, got a lot of practice to do.

KenSan

Yeah no problem John. Need to try and meet the locals for a jam soon, although every time I think its on life gets in the way! ::)
@johndmc
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

donald grant

Found a brief moment of daylight to go out for a play.  Managed 1 turn lighthouse to boarders to lighthouse, some reverse swings to naughty bird, and few other weird things before the temperature drove me back indoors. 
I also had a formation flypast from six swans (this is not a trick name...:) )

The Void

Presumably the swans were showing their approval, Donald. :)
I had my first click for about a month on Monday. Didn't have much energy, as I was simultaneously incubating a cold, so didn't hit anything of note.

shalafi

Been trying to land a swirl ~ swap spike for a couple of days, unsuccessfully. I know it is not such a hard trick, but I am having a hard time.

The Void

I had a dust-off session tonight. Getting close to de-hibernation time, so time to thaw those winter knees out. :)

shalafi

Today I restarted my Dan training after almost 2 years, missed the lighthouses, (I blame the paint on the tama) but I scored everything else with ease (for 2nd Dan)

Then I tried Speed Trick B and I thought I was having a crap run, still I managed 1:59, so it seems I have indeed improved.

If I make enough moshi-kames, I may be able to score a 3rd Dan as well. We'll see.

My consistency has improved a lot more than I thought.