News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimensions

Hand, land a quad inward tre penguin boarder balance somersault for me :)
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Logan

Today I landed a ken flip spike:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Void

Nice work, everyone.
"Hand...", Dimensions? Huh? Oh, right, typo/Autocorrect for "Hans" would make sense... :-)
But yes, Hans, everyone's list should always be evolving. Nebari!
Today I did a fair bit of kendama-ish stuff... but didn't even touch a kendama. *sigh*
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

HansNickmans

@Dimensions, I'll get right on that. It will probably be in my Edit #51, so it could take some time.
Kendama Belgium!

shalafi

Edit #51, not even Jeffrey has made that many...
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Back on the grading practice today. Failed 1st trick, and sailed through the rest. Hmm.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Icemonkey

Yesterday I got my first stuntplane to ufo! I also am slowly getting more consistent with both

The Void

Well done, Icemonkey.
Quiet weekend on the forum, it seems. I've mostly been watching or listening to cricket. Might have a little click in the garden this afternoon. What's everyone else up to?

the milky oolong

Had a great day of filming for the new Kendama Berlin edit. Landed some fun stuff, was quite surprised as I've not had much time to practise lately. Some interesting Dead Body variations and some swash-buckling  UFO lines were delivered. Also did some free-hand dynamic filming with the GoPro during a few of Till's lines, worked quite well even without a weighted camera boom thingy (that's tecnhical jargon in case you didn't know). By the way, what's cricket, is it a bit like the yo-yo?
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Quote from: the milky oolong on 08 June, 2015, 00:00:42By the way, what's cricket, is it a bit like the yo-yo?
Yes, but it needs more knees to sound right.

LarsVegas

Yesterday I landed my first bird on the small cup. And because this worked multiple times, I also tried bird over the valley. Landed it only once, but at first try - bird on big cup > bird on small cup > in
Hurray.

Overall, these were successful holidays. I was two weeks (with interruption) in Corsica and had a lot of time to play :)
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

Icemonkey

Quote from: The Void on 07 June, 2015, 13:48:30
Well done, Icemonkey.
Quiet weekend on the forum, it seems. I've mostly been watching or listening to cricket. Might have a little click in the garden this afternoon. What's everyone else up to?
Thanks!
I graduated from high school this past weekend, that's what i was up to :D

Today I got my first gunslinger! I first tried going to big cup, got close and then I quickly got it, and then I decided to just try for spike and I got it only after 10 tries or so!

the milky oolong

Congratulations Icemonkey, on both counts!

Today I landed my first ever Half Falcon Dance (), and we filmed some nice stuff with Kentaro and Sachi, our new Japanese kendama buddies in Berlin. Was a fun day, nice to land a completely new trick too!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Sounds good, guys. Oh, Japanese players you have found? Cool!
Today I practiced my grading at juggling club. Failed, and my knee hurt. Oh well.

kayadama

Did my first lunar flio to lunar and also lighthouse to bird :)