News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

New arrivals thread (pics) - what did you just get?

Started by The Void, 31 January, 2014, 14:28:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Peat

Quote from: mufujifi on 17 May, 2015, 10:05:57
Correct. It's "mahogany", i.e. is not real and painted. I bought those 2 for personal display purposes, not for playing.
The Dragon Kendama just looked really nice and when I tried it, sure it has nice clacking sounds but damn yeh it's slippery.

I have a sale on the Sakura though.
This kid was being super eager to get his hands on it (cos he can't buy things online, being a kid and all) and I struck a deal with him.
He's happy to play, I'm happy it's being played = win-win.

It's cool though, I got me a Colin Sander off a local dealer and waiting on a Striped Zen from Kendama Co.
But bad thing is that I no longer have an Ozora.
I'm thinking of either a Premium White or a classic yellow, though I'm not sure where I'm gonna find the yellow. Thoughts?

That's cool dude, spread the dama love.

Krom still have yellows in stock on their website, other than that I'm not sure, could try on here or the FKC?

BenBenVx

Another NewNew has landed. My first ever Ozora!
Ordered it on Sunday, was shipped and delivered by Monday.
Brilliant service from Pete over at Kendama-World.

shalafi

good one Ben, I got the same color at BKO, the premium finishing is great.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BenBenVx

totally agree, the premium finishing is real real nice.. They are real nice straight out of the box. couldn't be happier

M.Wang

-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.

Logan

That looks so clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icemonkey

I got these last week as a little high school graduation present for myself:
left to right: Krom Deluxe Red Oak w/5mm walnut stripe, Jake Wiens Pro Mod, Kaizen Cherry Silk White, Krom Viking Mahogany Emerald, Ozora Dragon

Cherry Kaizen and Jake Wiens Moondama

The Dragon (looks so much better than the picture shows)

Is it standard for the string to be coming out the bottom of the sarado looped like it is on the Red Oak? (It's like this on the Dragon and the Viking too). I've never seen the string strung like that in any pictures so I thought I'd ask (also is there a way to get it to not come out like that?).

One more picture of the Krom Red Oak, the wood changes color depending on where you hold it in the light, which is a really neat effect. I'm not sure if this is the Krom Deluxe Hors' (Red Oak in the V3 shape) or the older regular Red Oak.

I will more in depth reviews of these once I've played them for a few months, but here's my initial impressions:

Cherry Kaizen: Heavier and super durable, the spike hasn't worn down at all and I haven't even glued it (only a few hours of play on it though). The tama is probably a bit heavier than the ken, but the paint is super durable and super sticky. Really nice kendama.
Ozora Dragon: So pretty! I almost don't even want to play it!
Krom Red Oak: This one plays really nice and the walnut stripe is good for tracking. The grain is insane and the string can kind of "stick" to the ken in places. The spike is also super durable on this one.
Jake Wiens Pro Mod: Really nice, beech, and with cool space engravings and the same paint on the tama that the cherry kaizen has.
Krom Viking Mahogany: This is super light, the ken itself almost feels lighter than the Cherry Kaizen's ken, even though it's bigger. The mahogany wood makes a really "loud" sound. I don't know how else to describe it, but it's a louder sound than the other kendamas. The emerald paint is gorgeous too, but there's already a small chip in the paint from trying double orbits on it :I

Quick cool story: So I promised my mom I'd save one in the box to open it on graduation (saved the Wiens Pro mod). After graduation (happiest day of my life so far probably :) ) we went out to eat at this Japanese Hibachi steakhouse place where the chefs cook in front of you (and provide some entertainment). I opened the kendama there and one of the kids working (most of the staff is from Japan) noticed it and said "Hey it's a kendama!" I let him try it, he missed a few times and then had to spin the ball to get it on the spike! I then proceeded to get lighthouse on the second try with it lol. I asked him if kendamas really are everywhere in Japan and he said "Yeah, in the schools too." It was a neat little experience :).

BKA

Congratulations on your graduation.
To answer your question about the string loop below the sara-do: Yes, that's perfectly normal. Or at least it was until some models started adding recesses to the ken shaft's string hole.

Icemonkey

Quote from: BKA on 10 June, 2015, 20:00:13
Congratulations on your graduation.
To answer your question about the string loop below the sara-do: Yes, that's perfectly normal. Or at least it was until some models started adding recesses to the ken shaft's string hole.
Thank you! :D
I figured the string loop thing is a normal thing, it just surprised me 'cause I had never seen it before (all I had before this were 4 sweets kendamas and they all have the little recesses). It's kind of annoying, but I'm sure I'll get over it. :P

shalafi

Congrats on your graduation!
Nice set of kendamas!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BenBenVx

Purp Stripe Zen I had come through the other day. Respect to @Maicodama for hooking it up for the ARKFam!

PikWik

Logan

Got my Mugen Musou and I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icemonkey

Nice Logan! I've been thinking of getting one since they aren't sold out yet... Is it really worth the $130 though? I mean I just got a bunch of new kendamas, but it's a Mugen, and it's the first color they've had since Amethyst that I reallllyy like.

Logan

I think it's worth every penny, it's super sticky and has the perfect weight (my opinion) and feels extremely nice.

Sent from my Spaceship using Tapatalk