News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

CONSISTENCY video competition!!!!!

Started by donald grant, 21 September, 2011, 19:20:47

Previous topic - Next topic

donald grant

It's all too easy to just let that camcorder run all day, then make an edit out of the half dozen tough tricks that you landed.  Getting that triple lighthouse flip is really cool, but it ain't going to help in in a jam/ competition setting if you can only get it one in a hundred.  Consistency is a major part of kendama, so I hereby announce .......

The CONSISTENCY Video competition!

On Friday, I'm going to post up a ladder of ten tricks (this should give everyone a fair chance to get access to a camcorder).  The first person to post a perfect run of the ladder in this thread wins.  It's that simple.  So no editing, no cuts, no sneakiness, just a clean run of the ten tricks in order wins!

The winner gets......
1) A signed original piece of artwork from the masterpiece book "Knees!  Further Adventures in Kendama"
2) A LIFETIME supply of kendama beads (yes, a whole tub).
and most importantly...
3) The honour and right to create a new ladder of ten tricks for the next round

Competition is open to anyone, internationally, (yes, I'll pay the postage to get your prize to you :)

I thank you for your attention, cameras at the ready, watch this space .....

Donald

shalafi

I like it!

I already have a signed copy of Spike! so the one of Knees will complete my collection ;-) ooops, it is just one of the art pieces. Nice anyway.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

SamB

What time??

I'm on the edge of my seat!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

donald grant

Okay, hope you've all had time to get your film studios set up......

Here it is, the first (of hopefully many) consistency challenge trick lists.  I've called this one "The Flying Hedgehog" due to the combination of air-named tricks and spikes.

THE FLYING HEDGEHOG

1  Spike
2  Bird
3  Spike
4  Bat
5  Spike
6  Faster than Gravity
7  Spike
8  Reverse Aeroplane
9  Spike
10  Aeroplane

Remember the rules: all tricks, in order, no cuts or sneaky edits.  First to post a video of it in this thread wins the artwork, the beads, the glory and the right to create and name the next consistency challenge.

All the best, and ........ away you go!

Donald

kendamatty

Argh! No internet till tomorrow, I don't think my phone could hack uploading it! I'm well up for the next one, I have a cheeky ten tricks in mind..

shalafi

I'm wondering about reverse airplane... is it like reverse swing in?

SamB

BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

donald grant

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

The Flying Hedgehog has been conquered, congratulations, Sam!

So, please first of all take a breath, then message me your postal details and your prize will be in the post on Monday morning!

Your next challenge is to think up a ten trick ladder and throw it up on this thread.  You can make it as hard, easy or weird as you want, that's part of your prize.

Pretty damn fast, who will be next????

Donald

PS  I'll put up another piece of art as a prize for the next ladder, just to keep the ball rolling..... D

shalafi

It has been completely amazing, I was still trying to get into the reverse airplane. Kudos!

SamB

Wooo!!! Thanks!

I'm already thinking about the next one. Definitely need to get a better camera though...

The Void

To my surprise, I managed to hit the Hedgehog first time, but not on camera. Well done Sam, and thanks Donald for setting it all up. I'm looking forward to the next one.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Mark

If i wasnt juggling and drinking pear cider in a field, i would of done this. I just hope the next one isnt too hard! :P
British STC: 2008 - 1st ....  2009 - 2nd ... 2011 - 4th
British Advanced Championship: 2011 - 4th

By markool89 at 2011-08-06