News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

BKA Southern Regional Competition - Oct 30th 2011

Started by BKA, 28 July, 2011, 13:50:21

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

Did we say "Cash prizes!"? We did? Okay, then let's now say

Prize pool of £100 thanks to our generous sponsor SunRise "play & perform".

BKA

BKA

Don't forget that the clocks go back at 2am on Sunday 30th!

Even if you forget, it just means you'll show up a bit early, but wouldn't you rather stay in bed for an hour, or have a nice long lazy breakfast? :)

BKA

David from Sunrise Kendamas will be coming along with a wide range of goodies for sale, including some pretty sweet[nb]See what I did there?[/nb] Marble-design tamas. Give a shout out here before the weekend if you have any special stock requests for him to bring.

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

For anyone who's a muppet, and likely to get lost on the way, my number is

[edited out]

Not that I can probably do much about it if you do.... so don't be a muppet!  :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

John

Right, I'm in - despite the fact that this is my last Sunday in the UK, as I am emigrating next week, and I am choosing to spend it playing kendama with you lot (let's be honest, WAY more fun than packing..) :)
Looking forward to it, for those who don't know me I'll be the first one out of the advanced division 'cos I'll *easily* be the worst there and I haven't done an ounce of preparation! However, if anyone wants to buy a glow in the dark glittery deathray tama - brand new still in the packet - I'll be bringing it along with me.
See you tomorrow chaps!
John.

The Void

GbH

I'm not well enough to do a long drive safely, so I'm going to have to miss this, now.  Sorry, all.    :'(

The Void

Sorry to hear that Guy - you'll be missed. Get well soon!

Looby

Hope it was a good do chaps.  Couldn't make it in the end due to driving some stupid mileage recently (Newcastle, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Bristol (only last weekend) and Kent within 3 weekends) and clocking up a ridiculous fuel bill, couldn't justify another weekend away from the house otherwise my housemates might think I'm actively trying to avoid them.

Hope to see some of you at the Northern event though, I'll make sure it's kept free.

John

Aaahhhh, I had a great time! Props to Void for organising, was really good to meet / play with you all. Loads of inspiration and things to practice for the forthcoming months - I swear I will nail those swirls, Dave - and seeing Matty bust out some ridiculously lengthy horse/bird combos was an absolute treat. Thanks again for the good times - shame you couldn't make it Looby and Guy - left with a ton of good memories and more clicking than I can shake a stick at.
See you next year, maybe!
John, who lived up to the promise of being knocked out in the first round of advanced on a measly aeroplane. :D

BKA

Results are up at http://kendama.co.uk/src2011.html
Photos to follow soon. Someone else can write a review, if they like.

Thank you all for coming!

kendamatty

Awesome day guys, massive thanks to Void for the day was fantastic, the tea and biscuits were the icing on the cake i have to admit! Thanks to Mr David sunrise for kitting us all out, wish I could have bought some of those customs but had a car of hungry folk, eyes on something for the new year though...
Have to mention Mark's ambidextrous ball and kd juggling, there is an impressive knack to that I certainly don't possess but big props to him, and Dave swirls like a crazy foo'!
Have fun on your trails to Cambodia John was good you made your last Sunday here, safe times!

And I finally have a kendama mug, incredibly happy!! :-)

Mark

Quote from: kendamatty on 30 October, 2011, 22:53:07
Have to mention Mark's ambidextrous ball and kd juggling, there is an impressive knack to that I certainly don't possess but big props to him, and Dave swirls like a crazy foo'!
Have fun on your trails to Cambodia John was good you made your last Sunday here, safe times!

And I finally have a kendama mug, incredibly happy!! :-)
Yay, kendama mug! I wish i had one. Might buy one next time.
And thanks for the mention. :-)  Since ive come home, ive tried and succeeded in 3balls in one hand with 2 catches of moshikame! I hope to build upon that and get it good for bkc!
Also 2b's i did around the world, furiken and pull up in! Im wanting to do bird at some point too. :-P

So the day was great! Thanks Void for making it happen! :-)

M
British STC: 2008 - 1st ....  2009 - 2nd ... 2011 - 4th
British Advanced Championship: 2011 - 4th

By markool89 at 2011-08-06