News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Short films by Rob Henman

Started by Dimensions, 30 August, 2014, 17:51:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimensions

Adrenaline - a Short Biking Film

My friend asked me to help film and edit a biking film of/for him. Here is the result:

Enjoy!
-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

PikWik

very cool. i liked the action shots and camera angles you chose. imo, i wouldve put some more energetic music being that the video is called adrenaline. but, i liked the video effects you used to accent the music being played.

my only gripe is that it looks like it was recorded with a camera phone and not a 'real camera'. alot of the detail in the leaves and brush is lost in the focus of the camera youre using. but, thats just me being a quality snob. for all intents and purposes you did great!

at some point down the road, you may want to get a semi-professional camera (like a T2i or nikon d3200). shop around for a good deal. you could find one for about $350 with a lense. dont be afraid to buy a used camera (as long as the shutter count isnt something outrageous like 50,000. less than 10,000 shutter counts is ideal for a used semi-professional camera)

your video actually reminded me alot of this video from a while back!

:o @ 5:55

Dimensions

Thanks for the feedback PW!
I filmed all of it with a gopro for 2 reasons
1) it's my camera and I have plenty of accessories to use it, and now I know how to use it with my eyes shut. I could have used my families Nikon but I'm not familiar with the controls and how to use it in general
2) I had to cycle for about 40 minutes to get to our location, and my rucksack was almost full. So the DSLR wouldn't have fitted in

Also I'm so glad I didn't use my families Nikon as before the second shot I tripped and badly hurt my knee (bad for kendama play!  :'(). I den got up to find that when I tripped I had threw my GoPro about a meter in front of me, I would have probably broken my camera if it wasnt a GoPro

-Rob

PikWik

if your folks have a decent nikon, you shouldnt have much to worry about. unless you drop it from 20 feet in the air, or fully submerge it in water for over a minute. semi-pro cameras can take a beating. like, take hot coffee spills, you can use the body as a hammer, burn them with a flame thrower, kick them with a football onto a tennis court, and STILL work. the most you have to worry about when dropping a camera is the lens getting scratched. but im assuming your parents did not spend $800 on a prime/L-lens, so at the most youd be out $100 for a very serious fall

**EDIT**

heres some DSLR stress tests to give you an idea of what these cameras can take

sorry to hear about the fall. and of course, you had to fall and hurt the most important part of the body for kendama. da KNEES

Dimensions

Jump Like A Scottish - A Short Adventure Film
My friend filmed a load of clips of himself biking, skiing and tree-jumping whilst on holiday and asked me to edit for him, here is the result:

Oh, and I apologise to any Scots (and Welsh) who watch this about the terrible accents!

Enjoy!
-Rob