News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Mugen Musou Delight Green - not sold out!

Started by BKA, 01 June, 2014, 17:56:15

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

http://www.gloken.net/gloken-en/online-shop/mugen-musou/

Market finally saturated? Price blocker?
Well, for those who've missed out every time until now, here's your chance.

techyo

Could be. The market appears to be cueing in to what happens when you attempt to control your market through supply and demand tactics and price. They opened the door for a strong competitive landscape - sweets, Terra and roots are killing it! The invisible hand is always near!

PikWik

mugens are "the" premium kendama to own. beautifully made and expertly painted. 

the $175 price tag is severe, but isnt too outrageous if you look at what people sell these for.

thanks for the heads up! i am definitely considering

techyo

I believe that it *was* the premium kendama. They now have some very tough 'premium' competition - all hand made by master craftsman with superior materials. I hold that they decapitated their own market by raising their price to extract dollars to their pocket as opposed to the secondary market. The secondary market was what was driving up the value perception of the Mugen and critical to their market position. While they are the original premium kendama (and awesome) they are one of a few in the market.

PikWik

i hear what youre saying and your logic does sound right.

and wow, there still not sold out. i guess the market has been flooded with premiums and theyre asking too high of a price :/

SBjunkie

oh yea I tried to get the breeze orange back when it was 80$USD but that sold in minutes.. then I just bought like 5 other premium kendamas. these new ones are way too expensive.

PikWik

talking about premiums got me thinking. terra kendamas were made by hand. not sure about musous cause they definitely look machined. tho, i wanna say 98% of kendamas are mass-produced and not handmade.

i would like to try my hand at turning a kendama some day and ive always wondered what the costs would be...

-------------------------------------------------------------

heres some videos of a kendama being mass-produced

tama

sarado

ken