News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Still Seeking Six (Void & kendama friends, Japan 2014)

Started by The Void, 18 April, 2014, 13:46:57

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

All shot on my iPad (sorry for occasional exposure errors). Great fun, and brilliant times playing kendama with all these ninjas. Wish I'd had more time to film in Hatsukaichi too.

Please use the JTV flash player "HD" button for full effect.

http://juggling.tv/13996 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download
^Please go to JTV for HD playback.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kev

So good man. Really enjoyed it, looks like you did too! Thanks for sharing :)

the milky oolong

Hurrah for [user]Void[/user] and friends, such a great feel to this vid - the Fast Hand Drill at 1:00 looked incredible! And, seeing as you've gone all Grindy, nice to see Spinning Top>Bird at 2:10 - I flatter myself as having brought it to the Kendama Berlin guys.  :P  oh yeah, and, the player at 3:33? Great little run there!

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

mreasyguy

Just finished watching the whole thing. Great Watch!

You can really see you had a great time out in Japan and had alot of Kendama time too!

And that airplane>orbit js/Lunar looked really nice, will be having a go at that one!

The Void

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it.
Quote from: the milky oolong on 20 April, 2014, 08:32:44... seeing as you've gone all Grindy, nice to see Spinning Top>Bird at 2:10 - I flatter myself as having brought it to the Kendama Berlin guys.  :P  oh yeah, and, the player at 3:33? Great little run there!
[user]Kev[/user] brought up the idea of Grind tricks a while ago, and that made me think there must be a bunch of variations of them out there. So I saved a few up in my head to film sometime. Yep, I think I got the idea for the Bird Grind from you, milky.
The player is Junta - got style! (Players are listed in the credits in order of appearance, so you can work out who's who if you don't know who anyone else is.)
Quote from: mreasyguy on 20 April, 2014, 22:11:48And that airplane>orbit js/Lunar looked really nice, will be having a go at that one!
Credit to [user]kendamagal[/user] for that one. She mentioned it the day before, and I so nearly got it loads of times at Club Xiphias that night, that I had to have a crack at filming the next day.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

donald grant

Oops, forgot to comment, so good reason to give this a bump!  Lots and lots of great stuff here, well worth a couple of viewings at least.  Looks like the trip was a lot of fun!

AlexSmith

Void, the combo right before ZoomaDanke comes on is super awesome. Nice work!

I've only made it that far (had to pause for a comment), but safe to say this is great! Get to see a lot of good tricks from a lot of friends!

Where are you filming @4:24? It looks like some sort of juggling shop, Akihabara?

The Void

Thanks dude. I'd have to rewatch to know which combo you mean....

It's Naranja juggling shop, in (iirc) Itabashi. I ordered my first JKA kendamas from them, way back.

fredCP

Great edit, I looked at it several times, many unusual tricks, many ideas to go further ! At 4:59, Void you're doing a trick starting like a C-Whip, does it have a name ? I trained on it but most of the time, I finish in a C-Whip on the small cup... Any advice to perform it ?

Fred

The Void

Hi Fred,
Thank you, I'm glad you liked it.
The trick is "C-Whip Trapeze Lighthouse".
Try for a slightly larger loop with the c-whip. I can't do it consistently, but what really helps is to have a roughed-up base cup, on an old kendama!

Cheers!

fredCP

Thanks for your answer, Void ! Tomorrow I'll try it again. Today I landed my first Lunar flip, so who knows...

Fred