News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

New arrivals thread (pics) - what did you just get?

Started by The Void, 31 January, 2014, 14:28:35

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Humble schmumble, you rock. Well played, for doing well in the comps, and for having cool friends.
Nice haul. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KenSan

Nice haul Milky and well done on the comps. That keyaki though.... (kew Homer Simpson style donut drooling)
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

the milky oolong

For First Place Intermediate at the Kendama Clash Berlin:

Front:

Tama:

Grain:
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

johndmc

These arrived today, Ozora gold premium, Ozora Keyaki, and a cherrywood pill. The pill will take some getting used to. Love the Keyaki though.

Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

KenSan

Fathers day keyaki. LOVE IT!

And a Girr Zen Token. Glittery! (Oooz just snuck in there to)

johndmc

KenSan

Cheers @johndmc A few people seem to be getting the Keyaki Ozora lately and fathers day was a good excuse to get one. Nice little haul you've got there to!

The Kendama co Zens are also worth the investment.

johndmc

Quote from: KenSan on 29 June, 2016, 11:31:47
Cheers @johndmc A few people seem to be getting the Keyaki Ozora lately and fathers day was a good excuse to get one. Nice little haul you've got there to!

The Kendama co Zens are also worth the investment.
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check them out. My gold ozora I'm finding strange. The ken isn't as balanced as I would expect, the Keyaki is great though, as is the pill,  love the cherry wood.

KenSan

@johndmc perhaps the sarado needs working down a little bit, if the spike also looks short. This should then help the balance of it.

Blackhawkfan

How is the girr zen token?  Have you played with it yet?

KenSan

@Blackhawkfan I've not really played with it yet apart from a few around the world combos, lighthouse and lunars which all went smoothly. I already have a striped zen so know about the ken shape and feel which I really like. From my quick play with it before re boxing I felt it had better balance than my stripe so am looking forward to more play in the future (The keyaki Oz has my full attention at the moment).
Regard Girr paint apart from looking stunning, out the box it probably a bit more grip than a regular ozora. Grip not tack. I hear that the Girrs break in very nicely to. @Maicodama has a few I believe and may chime in with his thoughts.

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

HansNickmans

Wow, I didn't know Sunrise had bamboo kendamas. That looks great @shalafi !
Kendama Belgium!

shalafi

Quote from: HansNickmans on 27 July, 2016, 11:35:53
Wow, I didn't know Sunrise had bamboo kendamas. That looks great @shalafi !
I believe they made a short run to check them out, this one was one of the samples, similar thing with the tama. Both very rare / pre-production :-)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Jedi_man

Over the past week, I got a 7 kendama haul from Craigslist and a thrift store :)
I got 2 different deals, 2 kens for $10, and 5 kens for $25, and 1 kendama from a thrift store.
These are in order in which I got them, left to right:

(Deal 1, $10 for both): Sweets marble, Sweets biggie!!!
(Thrift store): Unknown brand red birch (I think it's birch), $2
(Deal 2, $25 for all 4) Possibly sweets Homegrown spectra (It said sweets spectra on the listing) with a maroon tama, Sweets blue/green/yellow Chameleon, Red Ozora, Sweets marble.

Something to note about the unknown brand ken; the bottom cup is VERY flat, and the tama/ken can spin on it freely. This makes lighthouses very hard. :(
If anyone knows what brand this is, or if I can fix the flat bottom cup, please tell. I did drill a very shallow hole in the cup, which fixed it a little bit.