News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Consistency Comp 27

Started by donald grant, 13 May, 2014, 11:56:14

Previous topic - Next topic

donald grant

As the last comp went uncompleted, the BKA has passed the next one on to me.  The new ladder, with a pleasingly retro twist, will be posted up on Sunday the 18th of May, at 15:00 hrs GMT (that's UK time, for those of you that don't get out of your countries/ bedrooms much :) )

Quality prizes up for grabs......

donald grant

So what are the quality prizes up for grabs?

First person to post a video of the completed ladder wins:

1)  A much-sought after, brand new first-generation Sunrise kendama
2)  A large bunch of assorted stickers
3)  The bragging rights and the chance to set the next challenge.

To make it more interesting, the SECOND person to post a video of the completed ladder wins:

1)  An "Easy to learn, hard to master" t-shirt, courtesy of Play kendama.
2)  A small bunch of stickers.

SPECIAL BONUS:  IF the winner is a BKA member, and no-one posts a second place video within the month, we're going to send you THE LOT!  Kendama, T-Shirt, masses of stickers, challenge-setting rights, EVERYTHING!  AND a cup and ball too!! 

Usual consistency rules apply, open to everyone, internationally!

Kev

Ooh! Excited about this I must say.

Trickling out info . . . he sure knows how to build the excitement that [user]donald grant[/user] - a true pro performer  ;)

donald grant

The BKO was a couple of weeks ago, and it was interesting to see how the level of play has improved over the years.

SO, for the new consistency challenge, we're going to have a trip back to the past.  The trick list for this one is the advanced ladder from the BKO in 2009/ 10!  Hit all the tricks in tricks in a row, and imagine what a hero you would have been a mere 5 years ago!!!

KCC 27 "Blast from the Past

1  Candle
2  Big cup orbit to big cup
3  Spike
4  Tap back
5  Gunslinger
6  Aeroplane
7  Swing in
8  Around the world
9  Lighthouse
10  Faster than gravity
11  Hanging spike
12  Bird
13  Jumping stick
14  1-turn aeroplane
15  1-turn lighthouse
16  Slip grip special
17  Bird fly over the valley
18  Lunar
19  Spacewalk
20  UFO

Hold the balances, no cheeky thumbs, usual rules apply, win the prizes and the honour!  Good luck!!

shalafi

I have landed all of them, but I guess I could get as long as to 14 without misses (and practice) I'll give it a try anyway.

Never the less, I think it is a great idea for a KCC
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

SamB

This list seemed completely impossible when I first started (which was about 6 months after that contest), and was basically a list of all the kendama tricks I knew existed. This was before "Spike!" right?
First try today I did the whole list with 20 misses. It's doable but that is a lot of tricks! I got all but bird over the valley by the 3rd try though, so if I had a time machine I reckon I could win.
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

the milky oolong

Interesting Challenge, Donald! Pretty non-exclusive for most seasoned players but still very demanding to hit the 20! I'm on it, though! 
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

Dimensions

I've got to 18 twice but this is surprisingly tough!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Li Ho Cheung

hope Slip grip special don't need to spike... :D

donald grant

Ha ha, who needs trick ladders when you can have a trick elevator instead :) !

Congratulations, that was nice and solid.  The 1st gen sunrise and the sticker bundle are yours!  PM me your postal address and I'll get it sent to you sometime by the end of the week.

The second prize, the t-shirt and stickers, are still up for grabs for the next person to complete the ladder.  Who's going to get it???  Get filming!

Kev

Well done [user]Li Ho Cheung[/user] ! - extra cool points for a stylish video idea.  8)

I always really enjoy your videos and skills, be great to see a new edit from you soon  ;)

the milky oolong

[user]Li Ho Cheung[/user], you executed that run as if it were a Speed Trick! Amazing stuff, had no idea when I went out filming tonight that it'd be done when I came back!

J
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

Li Ho Cheung

@Kev my new edit is coming very soon thanks guys ;D

shalafi

@Li Ho Cheung Crazy concept doing the ladder inside an elevator, really cool XD
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.