News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

I think you must have search "This topic" instead of searching "Entire forum".

And yes, but you're choosing your own next trick (from your 6).
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

donald grant

Nice wing walking, void!

And Lars, I'll happily make a set for you if you're coming over for BKO?

SEB

Today, I did my first spacewalk!
I've been trying it sporadically since I started and here it is! Maybe Mooncircle soon ;-)

BKA

The Void

Today I did an okayish, but not great, IKO practice run. Then, because it was not too cold, and reasonably sunny outside, I grabbed the old Android phone for KendamApp Pro, and tried a 6th Dan practice exam. Pretty shaky on BFOTV, but made it, and passed the whole thing. So, 2/2 passes this year in daylight, 1/1 fail in articficial light. Hmm.
Knees aching a bit, but that was a good warm up for Cardiff tomorrow. But now, it's off to Tesco to reward myself with croissants.

KenSan

...hit the full trick I wanted for the forum collaboration. Hopefully @The Void got the link?
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

Got yr message, @KenSan , but I haven't downloaded it yet. (No reason to think there'll be a problem, but I'll confirm when I've DL'd it.) Well done!

The Void

Today I did a quick (chilly) IKO run. Meh, okay.
I also watched this by @kaia :

....and feel like I surely must have seen that Big Cup > 1-Turn Lunar transition before... but maybe not, and I like it.

Also, I remembered that I got a 2-Turn Swap Spike on Sunday, after Ewan was talking about someone doing 3-Turns. (1 step at a time, ay? ;) )

shalafi

Today I self-certify myself 2nd Dan again. It is slightly over 50%, which annoys me, past year I had it on 75%... well, we'll see.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Well done, Shalafi!
On that front, today I got 0/10 BFOTV, and missed the 1-T Aeros too. That's what I get for slacking off.
IKO run was okayish.

shalafi

Self certified 2nd Dan for the second day in a row. Getting there. Also no need of 10th try on any trick.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

KenSan

3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

Nice one @KenSan !
I had a spell of playing with Swing to Slip Grip, but not sure I've done that one.

A very brief IKO run today, top speed, cold out there!