Forum categories > Tricks

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

<< < (2/555) > >>

Harrydh3:
Landed spike-kenflip-spike
It was one of those moments where you shout YES! when you're on your own.  ;D

BKA:

--- Quote from: Harrydh3 on 08 July, 2011, 00:00:43 ---Landed spike-kenflip-spike
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure exactly what trick you mean by this. Do you mean...
1. Spike (Tomeken/とめけん)
2. Throw the ball off into an Earth Turn (Chikyuu Mawashi/地球まわし)
3. While the ball is turning, throw the ken 360 underneath it, straight back into your hand . = Whirlwind (Tsumujikaze/つむじ風)
4. Finish the Earth Turn with a catch of the ball back on the spike.
?

If that's what you mean, then it's a
Spike > Whirlwind Earth Turn (Tomeken > Tsumujikaze Chikyuu Mawashi / とめけん > つむじ風地球まわし)
I just tried it, and it's HARD, so if that's it, well done!

The Void:

--- Quote from: GbH on 07 July, 2011, 22:38:59 ---Well, this lunchtime, I started doing the Suicide (Spacewalk) Lighthouse thing for the first time....
--- End quote ---

Nice one Guy. When I first started going beyond "just" the Suicide Aeroplane, I found Sui Lighthouse and Sui 1-Turn Aero to both be.... well, not easy, but they certainly felt achievable.

Sui Swing In remains in the realms of awkward for me. As for Sui Moon and Sui Stilts, I've barely even tried them.

Harrydh3:

--- Quote ---1. Spike (Tomeken/とめけん)
3. While the ball is turning, throw the ken 360 underneath it, straight back into your hand . = Whirlwind (Tsumujikaze/つむじ風)

--- End quote ---

Kind of but i threw the ball off the spike so it stayed vertical (no spins) 360'd the ken and caught it back on spike :)

AlexSmith:

--- Quote from: Harrydh3 on 08 July, 2011, 13:38:20 ---
--- Quote ---1. Spike (Tomeken/とめけん)

--- End quote ---

Kind of but i threw the ball off the spike so it stayed vertical (no spins) 360'd the ken and caught it back on spike :)

--- End quote ---
No earth? That's even tricker in my opinion.
I'm a big fan of earthturns with a finger flip of the Ken while it spins. One of my sort of signature 'go-to' tricks. I find the 'off hand' Ken flip much harder.

To keep the thread going: today I watched my brother land his first bird. He was pretty stoked

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version